2018-05-22 - Chicago
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Songs played: 26
Audio recordings: 1
  1. Drop SBS. Cedarwood / UTEOTW / Wild horses / Intermission
  2. I don’t know if wild horses would make the best pre intermission song, not that I’d complain if we got it anywhere in the Setlist. Definitely into the idea though of cedarwood Road then UTEOTW.
  3. The thing that I find strange is they rehearsed a few extra songs prior to the tour in ABOY, Song for Someone and Horses.

Why not at least rotate 1 of those into the set when playing back to back nights?

The work has already been done with production etc.
  4. Originally posted by Henderson7:The thing that I find strange is they rehearsed a few extra songs prior to the tour in ABOY, Song for Someone and Horses.

Why not at least rotate 1 of those into the set when playing back to back nights?

The work has already been done with production etc.
    Yeah they’ve got more than enough songs they’ve played already to rotate as many as 3 a night and that would be with a 27 song Setlist. The 3 you mentioned along with RBW, new year’s day and Gloria weren’t played last night. I feel like I/we go round in circles with these observations but I think it’s natural to do so with some of the bizarre Setlist decisions that have been made.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Yeah they’ve got more than enough songs they’ve played already to rotate as many as 3 a night and that would be with a 27 song Setlist. The 3 you mentioned along with RBW, new year’s day and Gloria weren’t played last night. I feel like I/we go round in circles with these observations but I think it’s natural to do so with some of the bizarre Setlist decisions that have been made.
    And that conversation starts with the encore.
  6. Are we still discussing this?
  7. Obviously it's a point of contention. The band looks to be on a downward spiral, and a very fast one at that
  8. Not from what I saw last night. They seemed fine. I guess it is all about everyone's personal perspective about them.
  9. I don't think downward spiral, I thought they sounded really solid for much of the show. I just think, and have for years, they play a very short show..and when you come to a city like Chicago and drop 2 songs and don't throw at least one in to replace...it's a big let down.

I have been listening to some of my older shows like zooropa tour and vertigo and the set lists were unbelievable..of course, a lot of those had Joshua Tree songs included. I had mentioned last year, I think the Joshua Tree tour was a bad money grab...The shows offered very little other than the album and they were about 2:15 a piece for way too high a price ticket.
    All this being said, I love their music, their showmanship and my twin 14 year old daughters are now fans for life having this be their first ever concert.
  10. Originally posted by Blue_Room:After actually seeing a show on this tour (last night) here are my only complaints. Lights Of Home needs to be the original from the album and not the strings version (and I like the strings version better on the album), it just needs to be more of the band playing and I think Edge’s guitar intro would start the song out better. Or just play the guitar like the original over the strings, seems like that would work. Cedarwood and Iris were kind of meh, I guess been there and seen that already feel. I said this before, this version of SBS does not work. Play it full band or don’t play it. Play the full band Best Thing also, the semi acoustic thing doesn’t work very well. I know they are making a statement with no Joshua Tree. But end the show with Streets. Would even fit the theme of it is wide open what is up next vibe.

The rest of the show I thoroughly enjoyed. Some of the warhorses like Pride actually sounded really good. Red Flag Day is just great live, they need to keep playing it. Acrobat kicks ass live (I’m not a fan of the song either), that was really surprising to me. Also, you can dislike it on the album but American Soul also kicks ass live. I thought all of the new material besides Best Thing really sounded good. Great crowd in Chicago and it was a really good performance last night. The band seemed to be enjoying themselves.

thank you for your thoughts!!
  11. Fair enough if that’s what you observed from reading setlists on the internet and listening to a mixlr feed or trying to watch Periscope footage. Not sure how putting on a production of this magnitude, dropping all of the songs from your most well known album, and touring in support of new music after 40 years yet constitutes a “downward spiral”, but sorry you feel that way.

I was there last night and had a grand old time. And seeing the facial expressions on the band close to the E stage showed they were enjoying it too. Great show and performances!
  12. huge question- when I download the may 23rd concert and convert it to mp3, no matter how I Renae it and drag it into my iTunes, I WONT SHOW UP...anyone know how to help?