2018-05-22 - Chicago
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Songs played: 26
Audio recordings: 1
  1. After the 8 hour drive home here is my recap of yesterday's event!

The GA line was probably the best I have ever been a part of. Hats off to Chicago!

Able to get great pics of Bono, Adam and The Edge as they came out to meet fans. They walked the entire line and really spent time with their fans. Great to see from a band together for over 40 years.
    Leaned on the rail right in front of the Red Zone! Close to where Adam Clayton would make an up close and personal appearance.

Loved the opening with the MRI scans. For those that have had a scan done this gave me goosebumps.
    Blackout was a great opener! Lights of Home was good as well but do agree needs to have a louder sounding guitar! I Will Follow was the first song to really get the fans into the show!
    So happy to have heard Red Flag Day! Fit so well in that part of the show with the red spotlights because to me it does sound so much like a song off of War!
    Decent performance of the 'Innocence' section from the last tour. A little disappointed to see Raised By Wolves dropped. Sunday Bloody Sunday was meh! in the early setlist predictions that we posted in this site i had SBS and UTEOTW replaced with Please and Last Night On Earth. However, it was a kickass performance of UTEOTW!

Loved the Intermission with the comics and Gavin Friday's take on HMTMKMKM! From there Elevation and Vertigo! Flipped the crowd into a frenzy! People want these dropped (including myself) but at each show i am still singing along and you build off the energy of the casual fans. Desire was amazing! Would love to hear more full band performances from the tracks on Rattle and Hum.
    Then the moment i was waiting. Mr. MacPhisto! So much fun. "Chicago.... My Kind Of Town... Really? Who writes this shit?" A blistering performance of Acrobat. Why has this not been played before?

After that the concert hit a standstill with the acoustic performance of Best Thing About Me. Most people talking throughout the performance. One song that just didn't work for me. Nice after that for Bono to acknowledge that the Pop album actual exists (maybe next time around we will get something off No Line On The Horizon). Starting at the Sun was good. Pride has never been one of my favourite but last night was probably one of the best i have heard. Not to mention Adam Clayton was an arms length away from me.

GOOYOW was good and I agree with most that the live version of American Soul kicks the album version's ass! Then a solid performance of City Of Blinding Lights. Fans in our section went nuts when they played this.

Encore wise would like something before One. LIBTAIIW is great song live. Love them closing with 13. Really nice bookend of both the i&e and e&i tours.

As i conclude because my bed is calling me amazing show last night. 17th time seeing the band, have seen every tour since PopMart in 1997, they continue to be such a spectacular band live. For all the complaining over setlist length and what songs should be played or dropped (me included) the concert was amazing!
  2. Originally posted by mdiggitydawg:huge question- when I download the may 23rd concert and convert it to mp3, no matter how I Renae it and drag it into my iTunes, I WONT SHOW UP...anyone know how to help?
    The flac files are 24-bit and, although not an expert on iTunes, I think that is causing the problem.

The solution is to convert the flac files to 16bit (preferably .wav) and then make mp3's out of it, for instance with Adobe Audition.
  3. Originally posted by mdiggitydawg:huge question- when I download the may 23rd concert and convert it to mp3, no matter how I Renae it and drag it into my iTunes, I WONT SHOW UP...anyone know how to help?
    UPDATE: a see that a 16 bit version was also shared by tapeworm. We shall have this one up (soon) instead of the 24-bit.

And, even better, a second recording (by ironchef) has surfaced on dime so we shall have that one up as well
  4. Apologies if its been posted already but another set of amazing videos from Tim Newell from Chicago 2- and Bono sounds so great here. It's easy to drown in the sea of setlist and other complaints, but seeing these videos and hearing reviews from people who actually attend the shows makes me excited to see them again.

5. yep, we'll see them, after their august holidays and a good rest,what will happen in europe
  6. Originally posted by AMLBONO:After the 8 hour drive home here is my recap of yesterday's event!

The GA line was probably the best I have ever been a part of. Hats off to Chicago!

Able to get great pics of Bono, Adam and The Edge as they came out to meet fans. They walked the entire line and really spent time with their fans. Great to see from a band together for over 40 years.
    Leaned on the rail right in front of the Red Zone! Close to where Adam Clayton would make an up close and personal appearance.

Loved the opening with the MRI scans. For those that have had a scan done this gave me goosebumps.
    Blackout was a great opener! Lights of Home was good as well but do agree needs to have a louder sounding guitar! I Will Follow was the first song to really get the fans into the show!
    So happy to have heard Red Flag Day! Fit so well in that part of the show with the red spotlights because to me it does sound so much like a song off of War!
    Decent performance of the 'Innocence' section from the last tour. A little disappointed to see Raised By Wolves dropped. Sunday Bloody Sunday was meh! in the early setlist predictions that we posted in this site i had SBS and UTEOTW replaced with Please and Last Night On Earth. However, it was a kickass performance of UTEOTW!

Loved the Intermission with the comics and Gavin Friday's take on HMTMKMKM! From there Elevation and Vertigo! Flipped the crowd into a frenzy! People want these dropped (including myself) but at each show i am still singing along and you build off the energy of the casual fans. Desire was amazing! Would love to hear more full band performances from the tracks on Rattle and Hum.
    Then the moment i was waiting. Mr. MacPhisto! So much fun. "Chicago.... My Kind Of Town... Really? Who writes this shit?" A blistering performance of Acrobat. Why has this not been played before?

After that the concert hit a standstill with the acoustic performance of Best Thing About Me. Most people talking throughout the performance. One song that just didn't work for me. Nice after that for Bono to acknowledge that the Pop album actual exists (maybe next time around we will get something off No Line On The Horizon). Starting at the Sun was good. Pride has never been one of my favourite but last night was probably one of the best i have heard. Not to mention Adam Clayton was an arms length away from me.

GOOYOW was good and I agree with most that the live version of American Soul kicks the album version's ass! Then a solid performance of City Of Blinding Lights. Fans in our section went nuts when they played this.

Encore wise would like something before One. LIBTAIIW is great song live. Love them closing with 13. Really nice bookend of both the i&e and e&i tours.

As i conclude because my bed is calling me amazing show last night. 17th time seeing the band, have seen every tour since PopMart in 1997, they continue to be such a spectacular band live. For all the complaining over setlist length and what songs should be played or dropped (me included) the concert was amazing!
    Fun to read. Thanks! It appears we had similar reactions to what we loved and where we thought the show could still use improvement. Although, I thought IWF could use a rotation (with Gloria, if they keep RFD / ABOY!). And I loved the acoustic Best Thing. Maybe it's because I have three girls of my own now and we all love singing this song together.

As much as I love UTEOTW to close Part I, your suggestion of Please into Last Night On Earth =
  7. They can't play LNOE anymore, with Bono not being able to play guitar and all.
  8. Where there is a will there is a way. There just is no will to play it.
  9. Was at both Chicago shows, 1st night behind the stage and night 2 GA by the E stage. Both great shows, but night 2 the crowd seemed into it more. Had the band practically play in my lap and after 25 years of following the band finally had the chance to meet Adam, Bono and The Edge before the show. One of the greatest moments of my life! They spent at least 45 min talking to fans and signing autographs, very humbling experience.
  10. Originally posted by ChcgMat:Was at both Chicago shows, 1st night behind the stage and night 2 GA by the E stage. Both great shows, but night 2 the crowd seemed into it more. Had the band practically play in my lap and after 25 years of following the band finally had the chance to meet Adam, Bono and The Edge before the show. One of the greatest moments of my life! They spent at least 45 min talking to fans and signing autographs, very humbling experience.
    Can everyone meet them before the show or do you have to be a verified fan or something like that?