2024-03-02 - Las Vegas
Tour: U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Songs played: 24
Audio recordings: 5
  1. Originally posted by ClaytonKing:I should be able to grab the root file from the SiriusXM website (I was able to back when U2 X Radio lanuched and they had open access for everyone for a while), but I'm not from the US/CAN so I don't have access to Sirius even if I wanted to pay for it. If someone's willing to share their login, send a DM please.
    Almost to that point.
  2. Originally posted by U21960:[..]
    UMG [Universal Music Group] is pulling down all the full length Sphere shows …issuing warnings and bans.
    Bastards!

I knew I should have been downloading those videos!

I wonder if any will be re-uploaded in the future (if UMG gets less aggressive with Sphere content).
  3. 11/1/23 multicam on my channel got taken down. 11/3/23 single cam on tapehead2 got taken down. I plan on re-upping at a later point (probably torrent 11/1 this weekend) but gotta let the heat die down. Also heard Universal is getting aggressive with facebook posts too.
  4. I suspect its the sirius audio that's triggering Universal, and then all the other stuff is getting caught in the sweep.
  5. If someone were to, say, share the broadcast ripped directly from the website; would it be good practice to release the split version as WAV/FLAC, or use ffmpeg to split up an M4A? (so that it doesn't muddy the pool of lossless files)

(I would assume the former, so that re-encodes aren't done with the lossy files)
  6. If you got it directly, like the original root files, then I would probably just release in the original format.
  7. What's the craic here men , is there a polished version about that can be shared within site rules ? Tried the one linked in the shows page earlier but didn't unzip properly anyway
  8. Originally posted by badirishcharlie:What's the craic here men , is there a polished version about that can be shared within site rules ? Tried the one linked in the shows page earlier but didn't unzip properly anyway
    I would hold off, the version on the show page was honestly not meant to be shared, the sound quality is not as good as some of the other versions available.
  9. Originally posted by SlightedRadio91:If someone were to, say, share the broadcast ripped directly from the website; would it be good practice to release the split version as WAV/FLAC, or use ffmpeg to split up an M4A? (so that it doesn't muddy the pool of lossless files)

(I would assume the former, so that re-encodes aren't done with the lossy files)
    And if that someone could perhaps send me a PM with the link to download I would be truly grateful
  10. Originally posted by SlightedRadio91:If someone were to, say, share the broadcast ripped directly from the website; would it be good practice to release the split version as WAV/FLAC, or use ffmpeg to split up an M4A? (so that it doesn't muddy the pool of lossless files)

Also, never would I have thought that archiving U2 music would cause me to go down a small-ish character encoding rabbithole....

Now to actually sit down and listen to the show. Lol
  11. I'm VERY CONFUSED which Sirius XM U2 Sphere Broadcast download is the BEST QUALITY ??? ........... Any help Much Appreciated .................
  12. Originally posted by hoserama:11/1/23 multicam on my channel got taken down. 11/3/23 single cam on tapehead2 got taken down. I plan on re-upping at a later point (probably torrent 11/1 this weekend) but gotta let the heat die down. Also heard Universal is getting aggressive with facebook posts too.
    anyhow, you are the real hero man! thx for everything. your mix beats sirius by a mile...