2024-03-02 - Las Vegas
Tour: U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Songs played: 24
Audio recordings: 5
  1. I think they will start doing unreleased stuff when they have exhausted a lot of the regular stuff. When that will be idk. And you know the band is kinda fussy particularly Edge. It'll just take some time.
  2. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:I think they will start doing unreleased stuff when they have exhausted a lot of the regular stuff. When that will be idk. And you know the band is kinda fussy particularly Edge. It'll just take some time.
    My thoughts too
  3. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:I think they will start doing unreleased stuff when they have exhausted a lot of the regular stuff. When that will be idk. And you know the band is kinda fussy particularly Edge. It'll just take some time.
    Yeah and the Coronavirus will just go away!
  4. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:I think they will start doing unreleased stuff when they have exhausted a lot of the regular stuff. When that will be idk. And you know the band is kinda fussy particularly Edge. It'll just take some time.
    They still have to keep Universal happy, and things have to go through the licensing process...I'm not sure how much super rare stuff we will see over time. Especially if you get into a case where costly licensing has to be done because Bono dropped in some snippet or the other...

1000 U2 songs in this morning at 7:30 my time. Two unreleased songs in that time in the main programming. The remix of "Ordinary Love" that Oakenfold played, and the live version of "Desire" from iHeart. (And to be fair, the Apollo show, which has been cleaned up and reordered for some reason...) Looks like the live shows will likely be on a monthly rotation. So probably next month before we know what they dig out next.

Looks like they have access to the content available to iTunes in the USA over the years including the Brooklyn Bridge EP, the Complete U2, singles like Please and Wild Horses that don't pop up everywhere...they have access to the fan club recordings (right back to Hasta La Vista) and they have access to the deluxe versions of the various albums.

More on what they've played so far here: https://www.u2songs.com/news/1000_songs_in_what_has_been_played_on_u2_x_radio
  5. Desire from iHeart isn't really unreleased though, the whole show was broadcast online? They can't play anything after Desire from that show because Bono's voice was shot
  6. Yeah that 2016 was a rough touring year!
  7. Gave it a listen over the last few days, and even more today. In a four hour period, heard "The Fly" twice, "SYCMIOYO" twice, have heard too much from SOI, too much from SOE, but it is not terrible. Those who have read my posts for years know Prince is my favorite, and his XM station was terrible. Pretty much rotating the same 100 or so songs for a month. This U2 one seems a tiny bit better. I am not a huge Tom Petty fan, but it has few repeats. Now if they made me in charge, I'd probably get fired for playing the Mercy demo or too much from Pop, and too many live bootlegs!
  8. No more radio for me too. Tried with a Canadian VPN but Sirius wants me to log in and pay
  9. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:Desire from iHeart isn't really unreleased though, the whole show was broadcast online? They can't play anything after Desire from that show because Bono's voice was shot
    In my head unreleased means not issued for sale. But yes, the whole thing was broadcast. So not exactly hard to find. Same with The Apollo recording, as it aired previously in 2018. Leaving a remix of "Ordinary Love" as the only real new sounds to date musically...although the "Ode to Radio" segments where Bono speaks about radio over U2 instrumentals are kind of nice and lots of little radio spots throughout...
  10. It sounds like that may be the best we can hope for then, unreleased as opposed to unheard in high quality. It would still be good if full shows were really brought up to the best audio standard. The stuff that’s been broadcast on tv or radio or on u2.com. It would be a start at least. I’m also a lot more keen on tour shows as opposed to these one off type shows, although a rarity like California at dreamfest would be welcome.