2024-03-02 - Las Vegas
Tour: U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Songs played: 24
Audio recordings: 5
  1. Originally posted by cleazer:I generally listen to it every day at work, for hours. Probably averages more than 30 hours a week, some weeks I've probably hit 40 or even 50. I genuinely enjoy hearing people talk about the 5 songs they Desire the most, and lately I think they've added a few new introductions from the band members about the genesis of various songs, just mixed in during an average day's playlist. Sure, you hear a lot of the same songs over and over, but they're all good songs!

If you want a complaint, I'll probably say that I've got a few too many of Bono's fan letters just about memorized by this point.

Rocky O'Riordan has been a great host, and Discotheque and John Kelly's Elevation have been highlights pretty much every single week. The past 2 episodes with Thurston Moore and Emer Reynolds have been OUTSTANDING! I enjoyed listening to Kevin Godley talk about U2's music videos during his guest dj spot too. (And The Script's guest dj show had some pretty entertaining banter, especially at the end.)
    Is there any way to catch at least some of this in Europe as far as anybody knows?
  2. I am still able to listen to it in UK, in incognito window in Google Chrome...
  3. First time I have ever tuned in. 'This is Mercy'

4. My account has blocked my login. Can someone record and share this John Kelly show?
  5. Thanks, will give that a try to see if it works in NL
  6. I could see a concert in the future, like one from a studio
  7. I too enjoyed listening to the Thurston Moore broadcast. Another one for the archive.

Originally posted by cleazer:I generally listen to it every day at work, for hours. Probably averages more than 30 hours a week, some weeks I've probably hit 40 or even 50. I genuinely enjoy hearing people talk about the 5 songs they Desire the most, and lately I think they've added a few new introductions from the band members about the genesis of various songs, just mixed in during an average day's playlist. Sure, you hear a lot of the same songs over and over, but they're all good songs!

If you want a complaint, I'll probably say that I've got a few too many of Bono's fan letters just about memorized by this point.

Rocky O'Riordan has been a great host, and Discotheque and John Kelly's Elevation have been highlights pretty much every single week. The past 2 episodes with Thurston Moore and Emer Reynolds have been OUTSTANDING! I enjoyed listening to Kevin Godley talk about U2's music videos during his guest dj spot too. (And The Script's guest dj show had some pretty entertaining banter, especially at the end.)
  8. Howie B coming up on Friday, and Woody Harrelson coming on Monday.
  9. Also, really liked the remix of Streets from last week's Discotheque.
    Apparently called the "'Where The Streets Have No Name' (Redanka & TILT Lightbox Box Remix) - Radio Edit" according to the actual official TILT facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/OfficialTILT/?rf=109319529089493.

I would STRONGLY ADVISE that you click the link to Tilt's official facebook page. I don't think I'm allowed to discuss why you should, but trust me, you should.
  10. And they are both gonna talk about Pop! Woody is going to discuss it with Edge
  11. I think I heard that Elvis Costello will be the guest on John Kelly's show tomorrow. I think I also heard that the show coming up on Monday with Woody Harrelson and the Edge was described as "part 1".

Not quite sure what that means. Will part 2 also feature Woody and Edge talking about Pop, or will they talk about something else? Or will it perhaps be a different pair of people talking? Hopefully on Monday they'll tell us what to expect for the second part (and when to expect it).
  12. Part 2 will be Edge remixing and releasing Part 1 but no one can tell the difference.