1. This is a nice mix/recording. Although the Uniondale intro sounds wicked, you can here the sequencer/backing track nice and upfront. Enjoy.
  2. for some reason the Zoo TV version gives you that nostalgic feeling
  3. I saw them at Earls Court in '92 and remember the crowd were a lot quieter for the first 6 songs, up to WGRYWH. It was as if we were all taking in the new concert format, what with the video screens etc. But when they played this song the crowd went wild and really started singing along. Then the rest of the gig was like a normal U2 gig, mental. Still think this period was them at their peak. Great album, reviews, image, tour, all the exposure and the press seemed to get sucked in with all the energy that the band had back then. Great times, and to think this was 10 years after A Celebration was released.
  4. Originally posted by jheath:[..]
    I saw them at Earls Court in '92 and remember the crowd were a lot quieter for the first 6 songs, up to WGRYWH. It was as if we were all taking in the new concert format, what with the video screens etc. But when they played this song the crowd went wild and really started singing along. Then the rest of the gig was like a normal U2 gig, mental. Still think this period was them at their peak. Great album, reviews, image, tour, all the exposure and the press seemed to get sucked in with all the energy that the band had back then. Great times, and to think this was 10 years after A Celebration was released.
    Wow, incredible little review. It's surprising that the crowd "exploded" with Horses as most reviews always mention the crowd being relatively quiet until Angel Of Harlem (or NYD for 93) which were the first oldies that got played. I guess it makes sense that sometimes it happened during Horses, being the most "classic sounding" song of the lot and also the first one that didn't include "sensory overload" as you mention.
  5. I’m very surprised at that review as well. I guess One hadn’t became the well known classic it is now but it seemed to get there before the end of the tour.
  6. The version of "From the sky down" could be great!
  7. I remember listening to the jams that became WGRYWH over and over from the AB rehearsal tapes. They repeated Don't Turn Around with Edge and Bono harmonizing. I need to find those recordings again. They are my preferred versions.
  8. Wild Horses was originally called "Don't Look Back" in Berlin.
  9. Originally posted by thalloween:can somebody please recommend me some good badass WGRYWH performance from the Vertigo and experience Tours? Where the crowd can be heard well

10. East Rutherford 1992-03-18 is my favourite version.

That show in general is one of my favourite early ZooTV concerts. Amazing version of With or Without You there as well.
  11. I Like the Kindergarten Version and that „You are innocence im experience” Line