1. My favorite version is 2005 live with those deep ocean like Edge tones.
  2. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:This topic is weirdly timed, as lately I've been REALLY getting into this song, more than ever before. I think it's one of U2's most beautiful songs.

I think the album version is the best version, there's something happening sonically there that's just magic. It just soars. It's like a cool wind on a hot day, it's perfect.

That being said, I'll DEFINITELY have to check out some of the versions people have mentioned here. Bono solo acoustic version? What?! I remember liking the Baby version but I'll have to revisit
    It'll never be as powerful as early '92. And I agree about the album version, it's definitely a rara avis, a beast of its own... One of those rare U2 songs they'll never top live.
  3. I would have said the album version since forever, but this year the baby version brought me to places I've never been before. I'll take the baby verses with the album bridge (one of U2's most sublime moments in my opinion).
  4. Holy good god that Atlanta 1992 version.

Holy good god.
  5. Definitely. The Edge was on fire!
  6. Absolutely. Atlanta is something else. Equally messy, genuine, chaotic and brilliant... Just the definition of Zoo TV.
  7. This is I think is the best version....

8. Still can’t believe that after all those years I finally heard it about 4 times last tour... Larry’s drumming is incredible on that song and it’s a crying shame that on Berlin film there is not “inside” cam in the screen when the song reaches its finale we see stupid screen instead of Larry!!! Wasted opportunity...

Baby version is great ...you are innocence ... I’m experience! I also have a sweet spot for video temple bar mix it’s little sped up I guess but great!
  9. I like the ZooTV outdoor busker version.