1. I agree with you. I changed the topic title and moved this thread to the Audio Recording section of this board

PS: Uniondale has indeed an excellent audience recording, but I also count tapeworm's Chicago 2 recording amongst my favorites (great sound & energy + Red Flag Day )
  2. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    I agree with you. I changed the topic title and moved this thread to the Audio Recording section of this board

PS: Uniondale has indeed an excellent audience recording, but I also count tapeworm's Chicago 2 recording amongst my favorites (great sound & energy + Red Flag Day )
    I think you should have changed it for "e+i" not "i+e" But it's just a detail
  3. Thanks Alvin! Glad someone's coffee was working properly this morning

(think I'll have to make myself one more... )
  4. Uniondale is brilliant, just what I was looking for
  5. I realized that all the time I was listening to my own remaster...

And as I truly believe that this Chicago 2 recording deserves some more love, I contacted the taper (tapeworm) on dimeadozen and asked him for permission to share my remaster here on u2start. After some chit-chat back and forth, he gave me his kind permission to share here on u2start: https://u2start.com/shows/2003/#!audio

In fact I did nothing other than run a "De-click" (aka "de-clap") operation in the RX 05 to get rid of the near-by clapping and gave it a - in my opinion - better EQ using the EQmatch. As there are not many - if at all - really intrusive screams in tapeworm's recording, I did not do any "Spectral Repair," so it was in fact a relatively easy remaster. But with great result, I think. At least it sounds great on my headphone, as well as played loudly over the speakers!

Hope you will enjoy this as much as I do.

Cheers

#picture credit: Adrian_silverfx
  6. I think this one is currently the best: 2018-07-01 New York City NY - Madison Square Garden (3rd night) , and it will be hard to top this

Highly recommended
  7. I think so too, New York 3 is simply incredible. As perfect as an audience recording can be. A clear 4,5 stars and a must have for everyone!

By the way - superb photo by Adrian_silverfx for the Chicago bootleg!
  8. I had one guy message me and say NYC3 was the best audience recording he'd ever heard, better than RB's Chicago 1987.

Enthusiasm is cool, but slow your roll. Talltaper and I had a chuckle over that comment.
  9. Originally posted by hoserama:I had one guy message me and say NYC3 was the best audience recording he'd ever heard, better than RB's Chicago 1987.

Enthusiasm is cool, but slow your roll. Talltaper and I had a chuckle over that comment.
    Right

...let's not forget that RB's Chicago 87 doesn't have any "Pixie Dust"...which is just amazing stuff btw...
  10. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    Right

...let's not forget that RB's Chicago 87 doesn't have any "Pixie Dust"...which is just amazing stuff btw...
    Whats Pixie Dust?
    Btw: the recording is indeed extremely brilliant!!!