2018-07-03 - Uncasville
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Songs played: 26
Audio recordings: 1
  1. UTEOTW intro is awkward
  2. Not to belabor this point that’s been discussed previously and elsewhere...but wow, I hadn’t noticed until recently just how nonexistent the variation on ZooTV Leg 1 was. The first several shows were all identical setlists. Sure, you had Van Diemen’s Land and Dirty Old Town show up a few times, and When Love Comes to Town and Stand By Me near the end. But otherwise, I can totally see why U2 lost a lot of fans initially over the Achtung/Zoo reinvention. Just think if we would have had setlist parties online back then...
  3. Originally posted by bpt3:Not to belabor this point that’s been discussed previously and elsewhere...but wow, I hadn’t noticed until recently just how nonexistent the variation on ZooTV Leg 1 was. The first several shows were all identical setlists. Sure, you had Van Diemen’s Land and Dirty Old Town show up a few times, and When Love Comes to Town and Stand By Me near the end. But otherwise, I can totally see why U2 lost a lot of fans initially over the Achtung/Zoo reinvention. Just think if we would have had setlist parties online back then...
    I literally had this exact thought this morning thinking about the last show tonight. Setlist parties would be like "Oh my God, they're playing The Fly AGAIN, come on!!"
  4. Originally posted by bpt3:Not to belabor this point that’s been discussed previously and elsewhere...but wow, I hadn’t noticed until recently just how nonexistent the variation on ZooTV Leg 1 was. The first several shows were all identical setlists. Sure, you had Van Diemen’s Land and Dirty Old Town show up a few times, and When Love Comes to Town and Stand By Me near the end. But otherwise, I can totally see why U2 lost a lot of fans initially over the Achtung/Zoo reinvention. Just think if we would have had setlist parties online back then...
    If you listen to a lot of bootlegs in that leg, they had more flexibility with the songs. The solo in Wild Horses was different from night to night, Bono improvised a lot in One before he created the Hear Us Coming Lord snippet, Trying to Throw Your Arms was also different from night to night.
    The performances on this last leg are very standard.
  5. Same thing for Popmart. Imagine getting sick of Mofo.
  6. Any good mixlrs?
  7. Originally posted by bpt3:Not to belabor this point that’s been discussed previously and elsewhere...but wow, I hadn’t noticed until recently just how nonexistent the variation on ZooTV Leg 1 was. The first several shows were all identical setlists. Sure, you had Van Diemen’s Land and Dirty Old Town show up a few times, and When Love Comes to Town and Stand By Me near the end. But otherwise, I can totally see why U2 lost a lot of fans initially over the Achtung/Zoo reinvention. Just think if we would have had setlist parties online back then...
    The difference between Zoo TV and EI though is that Zoo TV actually had a good setlist. If the setlist is good there doesn’t need to be variation. But thats just my mindset.
  8. Guess not.

Gonna play an old show and follow along, should be around Desire now..?
  9. Originally posted by POPmart07:[..]
    The difference between Zoo TV and EI though is that Zoo TV actually had a good setlist. If the setlist is good there doesn’t need to be variation. But thats just my mindset.
    Also, the album they were touring for was consistently great!
  10. Good god, I love Desire, especially this arrangement!

(first time they've really played the song since Zoo TV imho)