2018-08-31 - Berlin
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 2
Videos: 1
  1. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:[..]
    Well they played 13 every night.

I like 13 anyway. Better than SFS

The speech is just something that stands out to me right now. Lots of fans thought that was it for a good few years. Unless you were told the night before the show about Australia/Asia in 2019.
    The speech was something special indeed. 13 is not in my opinion. Most boring closer ever.
  2. Don’t think I’ve even watched Berlin, might give it a run through. I quite enjoyed 13 as a closer, prefer it when they go out on a downer.
  3. I still maintain this is some of the best U2 you'll ever see.
  4. Agreed!
    Gloria, so powerful! We and all the crowd in GA went nuts.
    Among the most memorable single song performances I have witnessed.

Great Show, luckily captured for eternity! I felt some melancholy, too - it felt like a good-bye as I wasn't sure about the band's future and if I would ever see them live again.
  5. I am watching the show right now on BluRay made from the u2.com stream dubbed with the audio from the u2.com DVD...
  6. We should have done a watch party
  7. Good show until Acrobat, after this song the show collapsed. With a small revival through New yearsday.
  8. 5 of the last 9 songs came from Songs of Experience. I thought the show was great but that’s quite a challenge if you’re not a big fan of the album. Putting the new songs earlier in the set might have worked better for a bigger percentage of people with the performance hitting its peak in the latter part of the show that way.
  9. Originally posted by Papo:[..]
    Agreed!
    Gloria, so powerful! We and all the crowd in GA went nuts.
    Among the most memorable single song performances I have witnessed.

Great Show, luckily captured for eternity! I felt some melancholy, too - it felt like a good-bye as I wasn't sure about the band's future and if I would ever see them live again.
    Such a special night & so lucky to have been there. (You get a smidge of profile shot of me during Wild Horses!) It really, really did feel like a farewell. I remember thinking to myself & then chatting with our wonderful international travelling circus of friends in a hotel bar afterwards that maybe this was the full stop.
    Shows what we knew...
  10. Originally posted by iTim:Don’t think I’ve even watched Berlin, might give it a run through. I quite enjoyed 13 as a closer, prefer it when they go out on a downer.
    13 sucked as a closer worst one ever ,I still don't understand why the Little things (best song on SOE) wasn't played on that tour so many lesser songs got played ahead of it .