2018-09-08 - Paris
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 2
Videos: 2
  1. Originally posted by chatts99:I flew from the UK for Berlin 1+2 and originally would have been in Cologne for those 2 as well. I hadn't listen to too many US shows as wasn't feeling "the love" for the LP/tour. Certainly not after 2015, which I thought just took the whole live experience in an arena not just to the next level but several levels ahead of anything else. But you know what, Berlin 1 was still a 'kin great show, for 1 reason and 1 reason only. U2 are still one of the greatest live acts in the world. OK so SOE maybe lacks a little musically, but some of that is down to the way the world is these days. Too old for radioplay, streaming is the way for the mass market fuelled by social media. Someone said earlier in thread along the lines of 99% of concert goers only go to the 1 show so why should any band change the setlist. We have become too accustomed to spontaneity, even if its kind of planned. Factor in we don't know the full story behind Bono's voice issues, maybe some extra playing safe here. We should no more if Paris sees no changes.
    I love your taping. Thanks for all your excellent work.
  2. Own Way is the only SOE song I'm not totally crazy for, but it does sound pretty good live - I like Edge's guitarwork over the last bit.
  3. Ahhh now this is really what I've been waiting for - NYD is one of all-time favorites of U2's "warhorses". This new version is wildly good
  4. Ah, the clap along is back in NYD... just like listening to it those late Lovetown boots...
  5. Would've killed to see Gloria in the US.... absolutely no reason they can't play RFD, Gloria and ABOY in the set, not too fussed about no AS, this version of NYD is great
  6. I agree with you about the setlist variation. U2 is still a great band. And I knew this would happen already before the tickets for this tour were going on sale.
  7. I hope they never stop playing this song ever
  8. COBL is sounding a bit more lively than I remember it. It's always been a favorite of mine, but I wonder how TUF would work in this spot... Or alternatively, pull Pride back to end the main set with the old classic of NYD + Pride.
  9. I don't think it's a bad song - I actually quite like it, I just think if they're gonna be stubborn and for some reason limit the set to 23 songs then they could bless our ears with something else