2018-09-08 - Paris
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 2
Videos: 2
  1. I don't get the problem, typically U2 have not really done changing set lists.

bare in my mind that 50% of the show is new material or obscure album tracks.
  2. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:[..]
    I’m sorry you don’t get. Most bands switch up 2-6 songs on multi night stands in one city. Even bands that aren’t known to switch their sets. Even u2 used to do this. And no ones whining. Just discussing the tour.
    No you don't get it 95% of people only see it once so they don't need to change it ,they are playing a new album while most other band's of their era are on a constant nostalgic trip playing just old songs.Yeah they can't keep everyone happy in the era of social media where everything is reported immediately but they know what they are doing hence why they are the biggest touring band in history.
  3. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    No you don't get it 95% of people only see it once so they don't need to change it ,they are playing a new album while most other band's of their era are on a constant nostalgic trip playing just old songs.Yeah they can't keep everyone happy in the era of social media where everything is reported immediately but they know what they are doing hence why they are the biggest touring band in history.
    I’m so sick of that argument. How do you know it’s 95%? And why is that even an argument? Why is that a thing? Oh well only 5% are coming to multiple shows, spending their money to see us multiple times. Let’s not change anything. You really think that’s a convo they have to come to the conclusion of not rotating anything?
  4. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:[..]
    I’m so sick of that argument. How do you know it’s 95%? And why is that even an argument? Why is that a thing? Oh well only 5% are coming to multiple shows, spending their money to see us multiple times. Let’s not change anything. You really think that’s a convo they have to come to the conclusion of not rotating anything?
    Loads of bands don't change the setlist every night ACDC, GnR, Depeche mode ,Roger Waters rarely add different songs and play the same setlist every night,the vast majority only see it once nobody made these rich travelling fans buy tickets they knew what they were getting and I'm sure the band are sick of some of them as they just stand there with the arms folded looking for some obscure B side like walk to the water to impress them.
  5. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:[..]
    You are just paying for a u2 show and that's what you get. And why don't you solve your own problem yourself by just going once? why does U2 have to fix it?
  6. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    Then they should call it "U2 On Broadway: Experience and Innocence" LOL...At least they don't use understudies in the lower-selling markets.
  7. I think it is one thing to have critical remarks - like how you think the show should be - and another thing to deal with reality.
    The setlist is what is, and you can like it, or not.

Or, from a different perspective, not look what you can do for a setlist, but see what a setlist can do for you.
    Enjoyment is a choice, that's basically what I am saying.

And don't get me wrong: I love to see rotation (and I too have some favorites that I would love to see and/or hear),
    but at the end of the day I still think its an awesome show
  8. I would say one thing that’s maybe getting a bit OTT is the criticism about the Setlist during the shows. Criticising the performance is reasonable if the band make mistakes etc but there’s no point in talking about the lack of rotation whilst the show is ongoing. People are usually on the relevant thread to enjoy listening in and seeing people repeat the same complaints has to be off putting. I do understand though the complaints probably come from people’s passion for the band and hoping even when it seems unlikely to hear a different u2 song they love.
  9. Like I've said before, I would definitely have gone to are least one show this tour if it was possible, and I would have sung my ass off LOL. Just griping about the lack of variation, compared to the IE tour. We're still lucky to have them around, and their ability to stick it out for 40 years is amazing
  10. Let's just end this debate. They're playing those 24 songs for the rest of the tour whether we like it or not. End of. They've had this planned probably since long before the leg even started.
  11. Originally posted by DMMacdonald:Let's just end this debate. They're playing those 24 songs for the rest of the tour whether we like it or not. End of. They've had this planned probably since long before the leg even started.
    * 23 songs. And I don’t think your prediction will be correct. But let’s wait and see.
  12. Originally posted by DMMacdonald:Let's just end this debate. They're playing those 24 songs for the rest of the tour whether we like it or not. End of. They've had this planned probably since long before the leg even started.
    Thus the claim "Greatest Band Of Northern Ireland" because we all know when they made the claim "Greatest Band In The World" they rotated setlists..