2018-11-05 - Dublin
Тур: Experience and Innocence tour
Песен исполнено: 24
аудиозаписи: 1
  1. I feel like ever since they brought Gloria back in 2015 my appreciation for the song has really grown. I don’t know why it took until then but I’m always happy to hear it now.
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:I feel like ever since they brought Gloria back in 2015 my appreciation for the song has really grown. I don’t know why it took until then but I’m always happy to hear it now.
    Glasgow in 2015 was when it really cemented its place as one of my favourite live U2 songs. It's played with the similar vigour that it displayed back in 1981. It makes them sound and look younger.
  3. Originally posted by KieranU2:[..]
    Glasgow in 2015 was when it really cemented its place as one of my favourite live U2 songs. It's played with the similar vigour that it displayed back in 1981. It makes them sound and look younger.
    It was the exact same night that I think it cemented it’s place for me too having enjoyed listening to it on bootlegs before that night it felt like a real treat and you’re spot on about the way it’s played too, real energy and enthusiasm coming from both the band and the crowd.
  4. i am a litte disappointed after seen 4 Dublin show, not really spectacular setlist....DD was even good to hear.
  5. Not spectacular? Horses, Gloria, Stay, Zoo Station, The Fly, Acrobat-I call that spectacular!
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    It was the exact same night that I think it cemented it’s place for me too having enjoyed listening to it on bootlegs before that night it felt like a real treat and you’re spot on about the way it’s played too, real energy and enthusiasm coming from both the band and the crowd.
    It's as soon as the bass drum kicks in, it thumps right through you.
  7. Originally posted by U2C:i am a litte disappointed after seen 4 Dublin show, not really spectacular setlist....DD was even good to hear.
    Totally your opinion, of course, but you're getting half the Achtung Baby album (including Acrobat!), Stay, Dirty Day, Gloria & the whole load of other treats, well performed. Admittedly it's disappointing if you go into the show expecting the Joshua Tree hits and they don't play anything from it, but I think this another example of U2 structuring their set brilliantly.
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:I feel like ever since they brought Gloria back in 2015 my appreciation for the song has really grown. I don’t know why it took until then but I’m always happy to hear it now.
    100% I got to hear it live for the first time a fortnight ago in Belfast after being just a bootleg staple for me for years.Never thought I'd get to hear it,was thrilled that I did!

There's been lots of reflective comments on the forum yesterday and today,but I disagree.The band I saw that launched into Gloria and delivered it like a new song aren't retiring anytime soon.Yes I think they've earned a rest,maybe it could be a few years,but they aren't ready to call it a day just yet.What else would they do?They've been doing this even before they were even adults!
  9. probaly i am still from the old fashion,
    i like to hear more October and TUF songs.......
  10. I think if you’re not a big fan of the new album and JT is your favourite album (which maybe is the case for a few) then the set doesn’t look as strong but for those of us that prefer AB and really enjoy the new album it’s looking almost perfect really. It’s right up my street anyway, might be my favourite Setlist since the zoo tv shows.

11. Do you mean this?

'This is where we live
    This is Dublin
    And even in the rain we think it's the greatest place on earth…
    … Thank you for coming out tonight
    The last of our four shows in our home town, the last show in our home town till God knows when
    Yeah.. It's a Beautiful Day alright.'

https://www.u2.com/news/title/this-is-where-we-live
  12. Originally posted by deanallison:I think if you’re not a big fan of the new album and JT is your favourite album (which maybe is the case for a few) then the set doesn’t look as strong but for those of us that prefer AB and really enjoy the new album it’s looking almost perfect really. It’s right up my street anyway, might be my favourite Setlist since the zoo tv shows.
    I personally miss Streets,wish it was possible to have it in the show somewhere.But otherwise,I love the mix of SOE / AB material,so for me it's a fantastic setlist.