2018-11-05 - Dublin
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Songs played: 24
Audio recordings: 1
  1. Momento from Dublin Night 1 for anyone interested

2. Fantastic every single time. Biggest regret of my life not being in Europe for one of these shows if we never hear these songs again
  3. Originally posted by irishred:What a night and what a show. My fourth show of the tour and by far the best. First time seeing them indoor in Dublin since 1989 and they didn't disappoint. Very cosmopolitan crowd around us- some girls from California, some girls from London, a Mexican guy and some Belgian guys too. Lovely people.Great to see how much U2 means to so many. I'm not usually a fan of the hometown shows but tonight seemed different. The crowds energy was great and many were there it seemed on a pilgrimage to go to a U2 home show.

The setlist was unreal- Dirty Day and the visuals for it were great. The crowd around were all following U2 start for updates and very excited with the setlist before the show. The Achtung songs are very impressive and the band are sounding and playing i feel better than ever. Acrobat, Wild Horses and the Fly were so good again.

I watched the rhythm section closely tonight from my spot just behind the Red section to the left of the stage. Larry's energy was mesmerising. Adam was coolness personified.

I had either a taper or someone transmitting the show beside me. His patience and calmness was some thing to behold especially as the crowd were singing all around him( sorry for standing on your toe!!!). Hopefully we will hear a good recording without my singing!!!

Is in the end of an era- yes. What next i don't know. Would it surprise me if they either retired or took a very long break- no. As a wise man said in that very building in 1989- maybe it's time to dream it all up again. I sure hope they do.

It's a small world after all. I was the Mexican guy
    Had a blast yesterday. One of the best shows I've had, mostly 'cause I was surrounded by lots of very nice people. It was very nice meeting you and your brother Glad to hear that you had a great night too
  4. Originally posted by chris_rde:[..]

It's a small world after all. I was the Mexican guy
    Had a blast yesterday. One of the best shows I've had, mostly 'cause I was surrounded by lots of very nice people. It was very nice meeting you and your brother Glad to hear that you had a great night too
    Wow- it really is a small world. Delighted the show went well for you last night. I was hoping those two rude girls wouldn't spoil both the show and your impression of Irish people. Thankfully it looked like you had a blast. Great show for us all to attend and was one of my top shows too.

We were talking about how how far fans had travelled from all over the world to see the show and how friendly everyone was. There was a lovely community feel in the area we were last night.

Enjoy Berlin and safe journey home.
  5. Originally posted by irishred:[..]
    Wow- it really is a small world. Delighted the show went well for you last night. I was hoping those two rude girls wouldn't spoil both the show and your impression of Irish people. Thankfully it looked like you had a blast. Great show for us all to attend and was one of my top shows too.

We were talking about how how far fans had travelled from all over the world to see the show and how friendly everyone was. There was a lovely community feel in the area we were last night.

Enjoy Berlin and safe journey home.
    It was all fine. For me they were both gone before the Show started . And eventually they did.

As you said, there was a lovely community feel in our area. That's what counts the most for me and that's what makes a Show unique and perfect.

You Irish people are simply the best. I look forward to meet you again sometime in Dublin or Belfast and have a beer (or two) together.
  6. Just in case anyone is missing Gloria.. Hoping you might like re-living it from Night 4.... :-)

7. i hope for audio
  8. Great video and audio