1. ATYCLB in 2020 for its 20th anniversary, probably at the beginning of a break for the band following all of this stuff... maybe Pop in 2022 for its 25th anniversary, maybe during an off period, so that it’s not released right around a new tour and the buildup to a new album like it would’ve been last year? Makes more sense that way I think... (desperately hopes for a Pop reissue box set)
  2. (Double post sorry)
  3. Forget all the later releases being issued as anniversary box sets, it is soon to be 40 years since the debut album. To see that given the credit it is due would be fantastic. A box set of the album, demo recordings, early film footage, a book included and maybe even those early singles nicely repressed too.
    Just a thought (and a wish too).
  4. I'm still really torn as to which deluxe reissue I'd like out next. The one I'm crying out for is Pop but I think it's telling how little we know about outtakes and recording sessions from that era compared to other album eras. Would be great to see a massive release of Boy like ELIZIUM said
  5. Originally posted by ELIZIUM:Forget all the later releases being issued as anniversary box sets, it is soon to be 40 years since the debut album. To see that given the credit it is due would be fantastic. A box set of the album, demo recordings, early film footage, a book included and maybe even those early singles nicely repressed too.
    Just a thought (and a wish too).
    This is far better than ATYCLB.
  6. I agree that a super-big Boy anniversary set would be great, but I also feel like anything that's worth bringing forward from that era has already been brought forward. A ton of info is in U2byU2 (meaning a book might be unnecessary), I doubt there's a whole lot of video footage out there (though I suppose they could put all those early TV appearances and maybe the San Fran. show on a dvd) and the same goes for audio. Any b-sides were already put out on the anniversary release from whenever they started those 10 years ago or whatever....jesus christ.

A really cool thing for them to do would be to re-record Boy for the anniversary. Bono has said numerous times how he'd love to do it and "finish" lyrics ( *eye roll* ), and assuming they won't take the nostalgic route and call their last album "Man", it'd be the perfect opportunity to put that fan-fave idea to use. I'd prefer this to any "extra" content, to be honest. I think it'd be really neat.
  7. I think so. We have been flooded with reissues of later releases so to reflect back on the 'innocence' of BOY and that era would be a great anniversary reflection after the 'I&E' tour ends.
  8. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:I agree that a super-big Boy anniversary set would be great, but I also feel like anything that's worth bringing forward from that era has already been brought forward. A ton of info is in U2byU2 (meaning a book might be unnecessary), I doubt there's a whole lot of video footage out there (though I suppose they could put all those early TV appearances and maybe the San Fran. show on a dvd) and the same goes for audio. Any b-sides were already put out on the anniversary release from whenever they started those 10 years ago or whatever....jesus christ.

A really cool thing for them to do would be to re-record Boy for the anniversary. Bono has said numerous times how he'd love to do it and "finish" lyrics ( *eye roll* ), and assuming they won't take the nostalgic route and call their last album "Man", it'd be the perfect opportunity to put that fan-fave idea to use. I'd prefer this to any "extra" content, to be honest. I think it'd be really neat.
    To think that all the early footage from television around the world could be released, as well as interviews and pro-footage too, would be a great DVD to watch. Seeing that early Lyceum footage would be great, plus whatever else is in the archives.
  9. Originally posted by ELIZIUM:[..]
    To think that all the early footage from television around the world could be released, as well as interviews and pro-footage too, would be a great DVD to watch. Seeing that early Lyceum footage would be great, plus whatever else is in the archives.
    I just doubt how much is actually "in the archives" going back that far. As in, part of me doubts that U2 have even made an effort to keep that stuff. Keep in mind that was really back before their business was set-up as it was in the late-80s going into the 90s.

I definitely could be and hope I'm very wrong of course.
  10. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    I just doubt how much is actually "in the archives" going back that far. As in, part of me doubts that U2 have even made an effort to keep that stuff. Keep in mind that was really back before their business was set-up as it was in the late-80s going into the 90s.

I definitely could be and hope I'm very wrong of course.
    We can't be sure about what archives they may have to warrant a 40th Anniversary release but I think we can possibly assume that they could regurgitate what has already been plundered. Similar to The Joshua Tree anniversary box sets. More than likely it would be an audio live offering only.
  11. Pretty lukewarm attempt at a deluxe rerelease