1. Originally posted by ELIZIUM:[..]
    We can't be sure about what archives they may have to warrant a 40th Anniversary release but I think we can possibly assume that they could regurgitate what has already been plundered. Similar to The Joshua Tree anniversary box sets. More than likely it would be an audio live offering only.
    Yeah..

That's why I said I think if they're going to do this they should re-record Boy. I think it'd be a hell of a lot more interesting. I don't even necessarily mean "remake" it top to bottom, note for note. I mean, let them get in there, let Bono change some of the lyrics if he wants, let Edge expand on the sounds and guitar parts, let them really re-imagine Boy, all these years later, using all of their experience to make it sound "grown up".

I think it'd be fascinating.
  2. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    Yeah..

That's why I said I think if they're going to do this they should re-record Boy. I think it'd be a hell of a lot more interesting. I don't even necessarily mean "remake" it top to bottom, note for note. I mean, let them get in there, let Bono change some of the lyrics if he wants, let Edge expand on the sounds and guitar parts, let them really re-imagine Boy, all these years later, using all of their experience to make it sound "grown up".

Can you imagine the shit they would get for doing such a project? I like your idea but think it would harm the legacy that BOY holds in music history as a mighty fine debut album.
  3. ATYCLB reissue with such already released tracks as B-sides? Think I'll pass.
  4. Originally posted by ELIZIUM:[..]
    Can you imagine the shit they would get for doing such a project? I like your idea but think it would harm the legacy that BOY holds in music history as a mighty fine debut album.
    They'd get shit for it, but I don't think it would effect how people feel about Boy at all.
  5. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    I just doubt how much is actually "in the archives" going back that far. As in, part of me doubts that U2 have even made an effort to keep that stuff. Keep in mind that was really back before their business was set-up as it was in the late-80s going into the 90s.

I definitely could be and hope I'm very wrong of course.

Archiving audio of ALL shows began in 1982. Video not every show until 1992 (Most of the 3rd leg of JT 1987 was professionally shot also).
    They have a lot in their archive before 1982 also. Just not every single show audio/video. But there is a lot of it. Look at the Marque Club release for example. Archived from the Boy tour.

They have SO much they could not possibly release all of it. They would probably deem a lot of as not suitable for release actually. This is why some of the box set material so far has been mostly sub par to me compared to what they could actually release. I think Edge has mentioned they would open up the archive/vault when they officially retire. So something good could possibly come out of something bad.

6. Quick mockup of what it may look like if it's real.
  7. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    Yeah..

The idea of Bono writing more lyrics and Edge going back in to “tweak” things a bit scares me considering the amount of time the guys told us SOE was basically done, then waiting a few more years for the tweaking to get done before release. I am afraid by the time it is released it will have to be renamed “Old Man”
  8. They filmed other shows. Give us all of the footage from Boston and a 3rd leg show.

When I saw the Dallas show on the third leg they were recording the screen camera angles onto 6 VHS tapes. Mix one of those together and give us a Fall Elevation show.
  9. Hamilton 01