1. I'm guessing some sort of official announcement could be about 2-3 weeks away. Normally only announced a few days before tickets on sale.
  2. Originally posted by Chrisssie:I would love to see all shows in NZ and Australia. It's a long trip from Germany, so I want it to be worth it.
    I'm so excited now after reading the update on U2songs.com
    It's my 50th birthday in November, and U2 gifts me with a tour on my birthday

Yeah, for me is it a long trip from Germany, too.
    I will try it, too

3. Yeah, think I agree. Not sure whether China would have forgotten that U2 took part in the Tibetan Freedom Festival.
  4. Hong Kong? Shanghai? Beijing? All I can think of with these cities is:

“See the world in green and blue…”

(Someone tell Bono if they play there he can’t change that line this time!)

5. Yeah, it's a long way. Quickest way is inland. Not a lot to see, unless you want to see Canberra, Australia's capital. There's farmland about, if that's of interest. The drive along the coast is longer, but may be more interesting. Though I think the drive along the coast between Sydney & Brisbane would be nicer, if the posted itinerary isn't right.
  6. Originally posted by thatchos:Hong Kong? Shanghai? Beijing? All I can think of with these cities is:

“See the world in green and blue…”

(Someone tell Bono if they play there he can’t change that line this time!)
    See Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, right in front of you!
  7. Originally posted by ddarroch:[..]

Yeah, it's a long way. Quickest way is inland. Not a lot to see, unless you want to see Canberra, Australia's capital. There's farmland about, if that's of interest. The drive along the coast is longer, but may be more interesting. Though I think the drive along the coast between Sydney & Brisbane would be nicer, if the posted itinerary isn't right.
    This is probably accurate. Lots of nice places along the coast from Melbourne to Sydney but not really tourist attractions as such. But the south coast of NSW is spectacular nonetheless
  8. if they were going to do a Goodbye Tour, what do you guys think about closing the show with The Little Things followed by Walk On
  9. I know that this is not goodbye....Kate Blanchet.
  10. I hope for "real" tickets , not creditcard tickets
  11. This.

Would be nice if tickets could be transferred or resold at face.

NSW (the state which includes Sydney) has anti-scalping laws, which prohibit resale of tickets at greater than 10% above face value.

Victoria (Melbourne) has similar laws for "major events" which include events such as the AFL (Australian rules football), the Formular One, the Melbourne Comedy Festival. No idea if U2 concerts are likely to qualify.

No idea if these laws have been effective, or whether other states have similar laws.
  12. I predict this tour will be watered down artistically and will lack definition artistically.