1. Maybe it was deleted because someone doesn't know how to spell "Australia"
    It's been deleted now but because I left the page open I took that screenshot after it had been deleted.
  2. That's interesting on two fronts. (1) they've gone now - but as you say maybe it's to fix the spelling error. More importantly, (2) it suggests they are playing ANZ Stadium. Last two tours were at Qudos Arena and they played two nights, combined audience of around 40,000. ANZ holds around 70,000 in concert mode, so doing one show there seems rather optimistic.
  3. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:That's interesting on two fronts. (1) they've gone now - but as you say maybe it's to fix the spelling error. More importantly, (2) it suggests they are playing ANZ Stadium. Last two tours were at Qudos Arena and they played two nights, combined audience of around 40,000. ANZ holds around 70,000 in concert mode, so doing one show there seems rather optimistic.
    Maybe not.... That Queen movie did pretty well here... I could see people going based on that. Lots of young people who shit on U2, LOVE Queen, because the movie made it cool.
  4. Still think the U2 announcement will come this week. Maybe just not tomorrow.

5. Yes, but wasn't that movie more about Freddie (I haven't got around to seeing it yet). It seems a bit of a stretch to say the movie will spark increased interest in Adam Lambert and half of Queen. Could be wrong, but I'm sceptical.
  6. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:[..]

Yes, but wasn't that movie more about Freddie (I haven't got around to seeing it yet). It seems a bit of a stretch to say the movie will spark increased interest in Adam Lambert and half of Queen. Could be wrong, but I'm sceptical.
    I see your point. I haven’t actually watched it. Really don’t like Queen at all lol
  7. Originally posted by Chrisssie:[..]
    If it’s already on their website, then it’s no surprise anymore for Today show.
    And: Queen „one of the hottest bands...“ rather than U2??
    They’ve toured Australia already in 2014, that’s not as long ago as U2, so not such a sensation as U2

Queen have had a second coming thanks to the Bohemian Rhapsody film they also appeal to a massive age demographic as the songs are very catchy which appeals to younger people just look at their streaming numbers on spotify which dwarfs U2's.
  8. Their North American tour is scheduled to conclude in Charlotte on 23 Aug which would mean a 6 month gap until the suggested Australian dates, unless they're also going to announce some Europe dates before then as well.

PS: Wonder if our Kiwi cousins miss out or are part of the reason why the dates disappeared.
  9. Queen are a great band but that Adam Lambert guy is terrible ,he murders most of the songs.
    Playing stadia ,seems a bit optimistic .
  10. Queen is also LiveNation...
  11. It’s exhausting being a U2 fan.. I was a fan back in the eighties, when JT came out, and I did see two shows of LT. I wasn’t a fan for over 25 years until the i+e tour in 2015.
    On the one hand it’s amazing; I’ve seen them three times in four years, but on the other hand... THIS is really exhausting and a bit mental stress.. why fgs can’t they just announce this tour??? Or let us know it won’t happen!! I‘m sure they have their social media people who follow the fan sites. I’m sure they know about these rumours. So if it’s not going to happen, why can’t they let us know??