1. Originally posted by ZOOTVTOURist:[..]
    Look, @Remy, with all appreciation of all the efforts you in person put in this place here, a statement like yours quoted, I think is not appropriate. Being part of the problem, not part of a solution. You say without any „might“, „maybe“ or „I think“ or „my credible sources“ just: „it will still happen“. So you obviously seem to know it 100%. Which will lead other people to believe so, spread it and maybe book hotels etc. (even if you say, don‘ t do so). With all kindness- please be beware of such consequences, when you do public statements - in a rumour (!) thread. Thanx
    I think fans here are smart enough to do all that. Its a rumours thread indeed and that is the context in which all of this is happening. What people interpret is up to everyone themselves. If its not "appropriate" to post a statement from my own perspective in a rumours thread then nothing is.

If you don't want rumours and only official information, then just refresh U2.com and don't open this topic
  2. Right, no need to be offended with everybody being smart here. Thank you for making it clear, that you made this statement from your perspective. To make this difference was important, I think. Because there is one between possibilites or even probabilities - and sentences that look like facts. And no, I don‘t think that all visitors here got that point. Cheers!
  3. Originally posted by ZOOTVTOURist:Right, no need to be offended with everybody being smart here. Thank you for making it clear, that you made this statement from your perspective. To make this difference was important, I think. Because there is one between possibilites or even probabilities - and sentences that look like facts. And no, I don‘t think that all visitors here got that point. Cheers!

Still, it will happen

4. Who said that ? Who said the anouncement is just postponed ? I mean i wrote Hawaii will be the Closer of the Tour and YOU and many others took it You took the Mickey again and again. And again you come along with the Tour anouncement is postponed the Tour will happen. Trousers down WHO is YOUR SOURCE !
  5. Originally posted by PogMoThoin:[..]

Who said that ? Who said the anouncement is just postponed ? I mean i wrote Hawaii will be the Closer of the Tour and YOU and many others took it You took the Mickey again and again. And again you come along with the Tour anouncement is postponed the Tour will happen. Trousers down WHO is YOUR SOURCE !
    Same for you, no interest in rumours -> just stop posting in this topic.
  6. Go to sleep guys, U2 will be back in a couple of years
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I’m still not ruling it out but I think if we get into the 2nd half of the year then that will be time to say definitely not. I’m not attending anyway so I don’t have as much invested in it if you like but I think it would be good for the fans in the countries mentioned to get to see the band. I think if it doesn’t happen then it’s not a change of plans but a rumour started by a u2 insider to keep fans talking about the band in what would be an otherwise very quiet year. If it doesn’t happen and it is claimed that the band changed there plans there would need to be a pretty convincing reason as to why to go with it for me to believe it as there doesn’t seem to be anything standing in the way of this tour if it has always been on the table. All that said hope it’s still happening.

I wouldn't rule it out either. The band can just change their minds though. They have done it twice before to my knowledge. There was a European Stadium tour planned for Elevation in 2002. Bono is the one that actually wanted to do it badly. But other members of the band were not feeling it and it obviously never happened. No specific reason. Same thing for the Vertigo tour. A North American summer stadium tour was being planned for 2006. They even started working on songs to use for it in soundcheck on the 3rd leg in 2005. They simply changed their minds during the third leg (around November 2005). Although in hindsite "maybe" it had something to do with Edge's daughters health. But I don't think so.
  8. Without a new album I don't see the point in a tour (unless it's a contractual obligation).
  9. People getting all worked up about rumors. This kind of thread should be more anticipation than anger- if people have decent sources of info, sharing that info is appreciated. If anyone's silly enough to book hotels at this point...well... good luck with that. Mocking those sharing info is stupid. Indeed, stay away from these pages and stick with U2.com.
  10. Speculation is one of my favorite parts about being a fan of any band. It’s fun for me. If you don’t like it, just periodically check u2.com for official news.
  11. Originally posted by Blue_Room:[..]

I wouldn't rule it out either. The band can just change their minds though. They have done it twice before to my knowledge. There was a European Stadium tour planned for Elevation in 2002. Bono is the one that actually wanted to do it badly. But other members of the band were not feeling it and it obviously never happened. No specific reason. Same thing for the Vertigo tour. A North American summer stadium tour was being planned for 2006. They even started working on songs to use for it in soundcheck on the 3rd leg in 2005. They simply changed their minds during the third leg (around November 2005). Although in hindsite "maybe" it had something to do with Edge's daughters health. But I don't think so.
    It just seems odd in this case not to go through with it if there was a plan all along. You’ve given examples above I knew nothing about so you will know more than me but even then this seems different. They’ve had 5 months to think about it on the back of the E&I tour. I can understand if they made plans then scrapped after a month or 2 thinking they need the break but to get 5 months in then pull the plug wouldn’t make sense to me. I’m saying this not knowing the timescale involved in the examples you’ve given but I just think planning takes too much time and effort that they wouldn’t leave it this long before going nah just leave it, there must be staff involved as well that need to know things early and would there not be costs if the planning had made it this far for people’s time amongst other things? Again though I’m just speculating myself, I’m not one of the people annoyed at the rumours, I agree with people saying just visit u2.com if you don’t want the rumours, but I do believe even insiders and people who are genuinely in the know can make things up to create publicity even if it would only be amongst the die hard fans keeping up to date with things.
  12. Originally posted by iamcrazytonight:[..]
    +1. I understand the frustration of fans who haven't seen U2 in their countries (they last visited my country 9 years ago), but as I said before, this thread was created months ago based on very strong rumors that have only gotten stronger ever since. And it's a personal choice whether a fan wants to be part of this discussion or if they don't wanna discuss anything until an official announcement / hint. Clearly, a few people here don't wanna be part of this, so they could just stop visiting this topic and I'm saying this with genuine kindness; there's no need to turn against each other. If a tour does happen, wonderful & if it doesn't, it won't be the first time there's a last minute change of plans.

+1 to this, that's for sure!