1. On a positive, think of all the extra money we will all have if they don't tour .

2. Assuming its the same in NZ as it is in a lot of places over here in the US, it should be noted that security companies often provide security personnel for multiple venues in a city or region.
  3. Omg, now we have a January rumor?!?! You poor people! Granted January is only 2 months later than November, but this has to be agony for those of you who have been patiently waiting for shows for years now.

I wish some band member would just make some kind of offhand comment about their plan is, just to put everyone at ease!
  4. The thing is, as has been pointed out with multiple examples in this thread, plans change. Sometimes a leg that was planned for the following year doesn't happen. Sometimes a specific city that was planned to be on an itinerary disappears 2 days before the tour announcement.

So even if Adams hops online and says "we hope to get to Australia sometime soon", it really won't even matter until an official announcement and the tickets go on sale. (And even then, as we've learned with U2, sometimes shows and even whole tour legs can be postponed due to emergencies.)
  5. Originally posted by podiumboy:Omg, now we have a January rumor?!?! You poor people! Granted January is only 2 months later than November, but this has to be agony for those of you who have been patiently waiting for shows for years now.

I wish some band member would just make some kind of offhand comment about their plan is, just to put everyone at ease!
    Edge already did.

"I would say that we’ll probably take a little bit of a break at the end of this tour and regroup. There’s lots of ideas for the next records, but I think a bit of time off just to listen to music and to really feed our creative instincts is in order.”
  6. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    Edge already did.

"I would say that we’ll probably take a little bit of a break at the end of this tour and regroup. There’s lots of ideas for the next records, but I think a bit of time off just to listen to music and to really feed our creative instincts is in order.”
    And Bono did say that they were going away now so..
  7. Just can't see them touring without new material, it would be a step backwards
  8. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    Edge already did.

And the Edge made the quote about wanting to "take a little bit of a break at the end of this tour and regroup." when the band were still planning on doing Australia at the end of 2018. That was the plan up until June of last year. They chose to take the break earlier...hope they are enjoying their 11 months off.
  9. Well, potentially they have 2 albums worth of new material that has not been played in this region. They went a year later for the Vertigo tour. I don't think that was a step backwards. At this point I think they have earned the right to do whatever they feel like doing, period. They may have something left on their live contract also that this would take care of. Which would leave things wide open for whatever in the future. That would not be a step backwards either IMO.

Or how about they just want to play for fans that haven't seen them in 8 years. Is that a step backward?