1. They could be working on the videos now. They might even re use the JTT videos for the JT songs and if they do any IE/EI songs they also have videos ready to go for them too. Rehearsals would probably take them a month max.
  2. Originally posted by Streetfighter:[..]
    Remember how much time it took to make a good production for just one song, like Dirty Day, which was rehearsed for long time before playing it live, because they needed a good production (like videos and so on) to use together with the song. I mean, it is not a quick job if you have to do it for a NEW tour, which is not only one song.

I don't think that was about production, they just needed time to figure out how to play that song and I guess they had doubts if it was good enough to paste in.
  3. Street fighter makes a lot of sense. Especially seeing as Oceania is going to be the most expensive place in the world for all this to happen
  4. They could always increase the ticket prices

They will be grossing tens of millions in ticket sales. Obviously the tours profit margin will not be as large as a stadium tour in Europe or North America but they will still make a lot of money.

And U2 will be probably be guaranteed a fixed amount per show no matter the attendance.
  5. Originally posted by SJKamal:They could be working on the videos now. They might even re use the JTT videos for the JT songs and if they do any IE/EI songs they also have videos ready to go for them too. Rehearsals would probably take them a month max.
    Maybe. But they are so perfectionist, remember. They will not go there with something not perfect. And I don’t think it is just a month of work. If you think at Laval, it was the LAST month, but things must have been put together long before. For sure, they have worked for months in a private way before going to Laval to final rehearsals. So my opinion is: will they do all this work for just 13 shows? Maybe yes, because maybe they want to do this as a gift to Asia/Oceania fans. But then comes the economic side that I mentioned before. If economically is not sustainable, and 13 shows there seem not sustainable to me, they will not do any gift. Of course I really hope they will tour!!! But it seems so strange to me that they will in this way.
  6. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:They could always increase the ticket prices

They will be grossing tens of millions in ticket sales. Obviously the tours profit margin will not be as large as a stadium tour in Europe or North America but they will still make a lot of money.

And U2 will be probably be guaranteed a fixed amount per show no matter the attendance.
    This can be. It’s so many years they don’t go there that people can maybe accept even a bigger ticket price.
  7. Originally posted by Streetfighter:[..]
    Yes, so it seems. But don’t you think anyway that if the concept is different from JJT (as it seems), also if you re-use most of the hardware, you have to think and realize a new production? Remember how much time it took to make a good production for just one song, like Dirty Day, which was rehearsed for long time before playing it live, because they needed a good production (like videos and so on) to use together with the song. I mean, it is not a quick job if you have to do it for a NEW tour, which is not only one song. And this is the smallest thing. Then, as I said, there is the economic side of the whole thing to consider. In my opinion, it cannot work with only a few shows in areas like that ones. What about packing everything and put it on planes (you know how huge the hardware is and how many people you need to assemble/disassemble and make it run) after 3-4 shows? You play Australia then you put everything on planes to go to Singapore? For one evening? Costs will be like going moving the staff from USA to Europe (which they did only one time, in fact). Then after one or max two evenings in Singapore, you pack everything and you send it to Tokyo for 4500 km? For one or two shows there? It seems to me unsustainable. They have a management, if it was sustainable, they would have done it in the coda of the 2017 JTT. But they didn’t. But it is just my two cents, maybe I’m completely wrong.

They don't ship the whole stage anymore they rent the steel and main frame in the countries they are playing particularly in far flung places ,U2 themselves aren't going to take a financial hit by playing just 10 to 15 stadium shows they could have signed up to playing Oz,NZ a long time ago with Live Nation and it may be part of the a package that includes the last 3 tours but I get what your saying it does seem odd that they would just do a few shows and not have it as part of a bigger tour, it's not as if they just plug and play which I think they should go back to as the screens are an unnecessary distraction which can dampen the atmosphere.
  8. Originally posted by Streetfighter:[..]
    Maybe. But they are so perfectionist, remember. They will not go there with something not perfect. And I don’t think it is just a month of work. If you think at Laval, it was the LAST month, but things must have been put together long before. For sure, they have worked for months in a private way before going to Laval to final rehearsals. So my opinion is: will they do all this work for just 13 shows? Maybe yes, because maybe they want to do this as a gift to Asia/Oceania fans. But then comes the economic side that I mentioned before. If economically is not sustainable, and 13 shows there seem not sustainable to me, they will not do any gift. Of course I really hope they will tour!!! But it seems so strange to me that they will in this way.
    If you remember Adam's Instagram from Jan '17, the band had worked out the TJT show (apart from the encore) by that point : so they probably have agreed the core running order and theme four-five months out from the first show. After that, they have a creative team that work on visuals the band sign off, and the band then learn the songs. Which considering most of them they have been playing for years, isn't that much work.

The thought and time comes in making everything join together, which isn't much work really : the lack of rotation on Ei came from the band working up the Dirty Day/Zoo/Fly/Stay/Horses segment in the week long break before Copenhagen..
  9. Originally posted by markreed:[..]
    If you remember Adam's Instagram from Jan '17, the band had worked out the TJT show (apart from the encore) by that point : so they probably have agreed the core running order and theme four-five months out from the first show. After that, they have a creative team that work on visuals the band sign off, and the band then learn the songs. Which considering most of them they have been playing for years, isn't that much work.

The thought and time comes in making everything join together, which isn't much work really : the lack of rotation on Ei came from the band working up the Dirty Day/Zoo/Fly/Stay/Horses segment in the week long break before Copenhagen..
    They started rehearsing TUF in Cologne, Stay in Paris.
  10. Another things that seems strange to me is Tokyo. In every other possible location of this tour it is summer, but in Tokyo is winter. And it is cold like here in Europe. Does a stadium show make sense there in December? Maybe a stadium like Tokyo Dome can be closed and, if yes, is anyway big enough to contain the old huge JTT stage? This is a thing that honestly I don’t know.
  11. Originally posted by Streetfighter:Another things that seems strange to me is Tokyo. In every other possible location of this tour it is summer, but in Tokyo is winter. And it is cold like here in Europe. Does a stadium show make sense there in December? Maybe a stadium like Tokyo Dome can be closed and, if yes, is anyway big enough to contain the old huge JTT stage? This is a thing that honestly I don’t know.
    Saitama Super Arena can be closed and is big enough.