1. I think in 2016 it was the excuse to delay SOE and then to fill that time with JTT
  2. And anyway, let me tell you my opinion. If I consider all the evidences (the economic & logistic non-sense that I already explained here some days ago, the time non-sense, the continuous delays of an announcement for funny reasons, the fact that they said they will take a long break, the fact that a u2 Tour has never been prematurely announced by rumors (remember the surprise of JTT announcement or the surprise of SOI and relative tour), the fact that this will be a tour with a no clear concept which is not topical of contemporary U2), if I consider all these things, the only explanation left in my opinion is: there will be no tour. This is not a criticism to this page or to the people having good sources and making a hard and wonderful job in this page to keep us informed. It is just my two cents. Hope to be wrong.
  3. Originally posted by Streetfighter:And anyway, let me tell you my opinion. If I consider all the evidences (the economic & logistic non-sense that I already explained here some days ago, the time non-sense, the continuous delays of an announcement for funny reasons, the fact that they said they will take a long break, the fact that a u2 Tour has never been prematurely announced by rumors (remember the surprise of JTT announcement or the surprise of SOI and relative tour), the fact that this will be a tour with a no clear concept which is not topical of contemporary U2), if I consider all these things, the only explanation left in my opinion is: there will be no tour. This is not a criticism to this page or to the people having good sources and making a hard and wonderful job in this page to keep us informed. It is just my two cents. Hope to be wrong.
    JTT not leaked?? A Rose Bowl poster was leaked before the announcement.
  4. You’re right. But I didn’t remember a thing like this with people going on and on for months and months with rumors. Am I wrong?
  5. U2Songs claimed that an announcement is "100% ready to go". we'll see.
  6. A tour without new material would be a bit strange .
    I don't see it happening
  7. Sort of like the JTT 2017?
    Also, what is your definition of "new material". The last leg of 360 they had not put out a new album in in almost 3 years and were playing very little off the last new album by that point. Even in 2010 when they took 360 to Australia they were playing very little from the "new" album. I just don't think it would be that strange or out of character, given more recent history.
    I'm also not saying it is for sure happening. I have no idea. I just don't think your reasoning for it not happening is really a reason at this point based on where the band appear to be with touring.
  8. A leg of a current tour is very different to a new tour, I hope something happens especially for the fans down under , but, I don't think it will.
    Songs of Ascent tour should start in NZ then Oz, SE Asia, Europe, US , S America, US , Europe .
  9. I’m thinking the reason they want to get to Australia /NZ/ Asia just now is because it doesn’t make financial sense to start a tour in this part of the world so the next time they could get there might not be for another 3 or 4 years if they don’t do it this year . This rumoured tour isn’t really a new one except by name as the stage will be the one used for JT17. To start a brand new tour in this part of the world with all the start up costs a new stage would involve I think would put them on too much of a back foot, ideally you want to get the tour to the break even point as quickly as possibly which is why they would pick Europe or North America to kick off a new tour , even though I think this rumoured tour will be very profitable not as profitable as Europe or North America . I know Lovetown started in Australia but that wasn’t as costly a set up.
  10. As much as a robust argument can made out for a tour not happening, the longevity of this rumour and the constant accumulation of information persuades me that there are other (contractual?) factors at play here and that a tour is imminent. Doesn't mean there can't be a last minute change of plans - we've learned that over the years, but I'm onboard with this.
  11. They could, hypothetically, play some unreleased songs. I'm still holding on to some hope for Songs of Ascent.
  12. The Stones tour for like 25 years without a new album/ songs