1. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:The U2360 Tour DVD was released on June 3, 2010. U2 had yet to play shows in 2010 in Europe, or the 2011 shows in North America. And the 2010 shows in Australia hadn't even been released.

The Vertigo Tour DVD was released on November 14, 2005. The band was still playing North America at that time. They had yet to play South America, Australia, etc.

The Elevation Tour DVD was released on November 26, 2001. The band at that time weren't quite finished with the Elevation Tour either, as it went into December of that year. And when the tour DVD was planned for that date, it was likely that the band was still considering a run of 2002 dates that they eventually decided against.
  2. I think releasing the DVD early is to wet the appetite of the ROW. It wouldn't surprise me if a DVD is going to be announced early next week.
  3. They were different times. The fact that they released dvds before the end of the tour doesn’t mean it was a good choice. I never heard of other bands making a so stupid thing. Commercially it has no logic at all. In fact, in the last decade, they released Paris AFTER and they still have to release JTT dvd after 2 year from the end of the tour and E&I dvd too. If it was so convenient to put dvds out before a tour, everyone would be doing it. No bands are doing it.
  4. Originally posted by miryclay:I think releasing the DVD early is to wet the appetite of the ROW. It wouldn't surprise me if a DVD is going to be announced early next week.
    You mean a JT dvd announcement instead of a JT tour?
  5. Plenty of unanswered questions. Last time this happened they were secretly preparing both the JT30 and EI tours.
  6. People act like this is a brand new tour. This is either just going to be the TJT Tour continues, or TJT with some SOI/E mixed in. It’s gonna be roughly a month of shows, most likely to fulfill a contractual obligation. Think of it as the final leg of the last 4 years of touring. U2 are getting older, and tours won’t look the same as they used to. Shorter spurts, more breaks.

JT is gonna fill the stadiums, guaranteed. That is why they are probably gonna do it that way. They don’t need a new stage or production. It’s not gonna require a whole lot of preparation.
  7. Originally posted by podiumboy:People act like this is a brand new tour. This is either just going to be the TJT Tour continues, or TJT with some SOI/E mixed in. It’s gonna be roughly a month of shows, most likely to fulfill a contractual obligation. Think of it as the final leg of the last 4 years of touring. U2 are getting older, and tours won’t look the same as they used to. Shorter spurts, more breaks.

JT is gonna fill the stadiums, guaranteed. That is why they are probably gonna do it that way. They don’t need a new stage or production. It’s not gonna require a whole lot of preparation.
    This is an interesting point of view. You are right when you say that their tours won’t look the same as they used to. And contractual obligations can be the only explanation for this un-logic thing.
  8. Originally posted by Streetfighter:[..]
    This is an interesting point of view. You are right when you say that their tours won’t look the same as they used to. And contractual obligations can be the only explanation for this un-logic thing.
    This is what was hinted at several times in this topic, this tour is to fulfil their current LiveNation contract which ends at the end of this year.
  9. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    This is what was hinted at several times in this topic, this tour is to fulfil their current LiveNation contract which ends at the end of this year.
    Yes, it was already said, podiumboy reminded it, as the fact that we don’t have to consider it as a new tour, which is probably correct. In any case I think that no one of us knows what it is written exactly in that contract! So tour is PROBABLY to fulfill the contract, and I understand that it COULD be the only explanation left. This is the only way in which everything can gain a sense. Also if it remains it a little bit un-logic: if it was for fulfilling the contract, they should have done it in 2017 after South America. But let see what happens!
  10. Originally posted by Streetfighter:[..]
    Yes, it was already said, podiumboy reminded it, as the fact that we don’t have to consider it as a new tour, which is probably correct. In any case I think that no one of us knows what it is written exactly in that contract! So tour is PROBABLY to fulfill the contract, and I understand that it COULD be the only explanation left. This is the only way in which everything can gain a sense. Also if it remains it a little bit un-logic: if it was for fulfilling the contract, they should have done it in 2017 after South America. But let see what happens!
    That was the original plan. They elected to work on the Songs Of Experience album and tour instead and take a little break. This tour, if it happens, is to finish that out most likely and fulfill their contract.

It is certainly not anything to get upset about. In fact, I'm happy for our friends down under if it happens. They deserve it.