1. Originally posted by Blue_Room:[..]
    That was the original plan. They elected to work on the Songs Of Experience album and tour instead and take a little break. This tour, if it happens, is to finish that out most likely and fulfill their contract.

It is certainly not anything to get upset about. In fact, I'm happy for our friends down under if it happens. They deserve it.
    I’m not upset at all!!! I would be very happy if they will tour!!!! Happy for down under fans and happy that my band is touring again! I would also make some cost calculation to understand if I can afford to go down under to see them again! It is just that I was thinking if all this stuff was logic or not, and it is just that I tend (this Is my nature) to treat rumors with big big prudence. Especially regarding this band!
  2. Originally posted by Streetfighter:[..]
    I’m not upset at all!!! I would be very happy if they will tour!!!! Happy for down under fans and happy that my band is touring again! I would also make some cost calculation to understand if I can afford to go down under to see them again! It is just that I was thinking if all this stuff was logic or not, and it is just that I tend (this Is my nature) to treat rumors with big big prudence. Especially regarding this band!
    Sorry, it came off like you were upset about it. I guess if rumors are not your thing, or you treat them with such skepticism, I would just stay away from rumour threads and posts.
  3. Originally posted by Blue_Room:[..]
    That was the original plan. They elected to work on the Songs Of Experience album and tour instead and take a little break. This tour, if it happens, is to finish that out most likely and fulfill their contract.

It is certainly not anything to get upset about. In fact, I'm happy for our friends down under if it happens. They deserve it.

SOE was completed by the end of JT30. In fact there was an overlap. Like 7 days or something.
  4. 5 days to go people!
  5. Ok, take a break and get ready for the Songs Of Experience tour. Doesn't change what I was saying about it and that they planned to bring JT 17 to Australia in 2017. Sorry for being off on the 7 days.
  6. Originally posted by Blue_Room:[..]
    Sorry, it came off like you were upset about it. I guess if rumors are not your thing, or you treat them with such skepticism, I would just stay away from rumour threads and posts.
    And why should I stay away? It is anyway funny to talk about rumors and to share opinions between people who believe these rumors will come true and people who don’t.
  7. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    This is what was hinted at several times in this topic, this tour is to fulfil their current LiveNation contract which ends at the end of this year.

The contract does not end at the end of this year. As far as I know is it a 12yrs contract, from 2008 - 2020.
    The contract ends in 2020, and I guess not on Jan 1.
  8. Originally posted by Chrisssie:[..]

The contract does not end at the end of this year. As far as I know is it a 12yrs contract, from 2008 - 2020.
    The contract ends in 2020, and I guess not on Jan 1.
    Correct it ends next year. They signed in or before March though so for this it all makes little difference.
  9. Unless somebody's has the document we just don't know.
  10. A bit left field but I’m quite looking forward to listening in to some u2 shows in what will be the afternoon over here in the UK. As much as I enjoyed the North American shows staying up crazy hours to hear them had its challenges. I think that’s when you realise the full extent of the obsession lol.
  11. Ain't happening, folks.

Lock this thread.
  12. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    Correct it ends next year. They signed in or before March though so for this it all makes little difference.
    You don't know that for certain no official details were made public and it could also be a rolling contract which I suspect it more likely is.