1. Just to be clear, I was talking about U2 going to Abu Dhabi/ Dubai, I'm not expecting them to go to Saudi Arabia, I was just using them as an example as they're similar. But you're right Dean about the F1, I'm surprised U2 haven't done that yet.
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:Abu Dhabi doesn’t seem too farfetched given some of the other artists that have performed there, there’s also the formula 1 Grand Prix that takes places there so they are attracting interest although personally it’s a place I would never go as I find some of the laws quite disturbing. Saudi Arabia appears to take some of they laws to a new level of disturbing, perhaps some of the punishments fuel my feeling on this as well. I don’t think u2 or live nation would have anything to do with Saudi Arabia but would be much less surprised if Abu Dhabi was on the tour itenary although still a bit surprised. We’ll see although I’d like to echo what Tim said that they are not all bad people living in these countries but certainly they are living under some very bad and wrong laws in my view.
    Well the US has no problem dealing with Saudi Arabia with their multi billion dollar arms deal every year so at the end of the day money talks if it's feasible for them to play there they will.
  3. In the current political climate I don’t see anyway U2 ends up playing in Saudi Arabia anytime soon
  4. Plus I can’t see how the demand is that high, even in Tel Aviv on Popmart they didn’t sell out.
  5. Out of interest to change the direction slightly but sort of in line with them playing new places where have u2 had hits and good sales but never played before?
  6. Possibly south east Asia ? Phillippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, .
    Nearly a third of the worlds population live in China ? India ? Not sure what fanbase U2 would have there
  7. Originally posted by Timk68:Possibly south east Asia ? Phillippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, .
    Nearly a third of the worlds population live in China ? India ? Not sure what fanbase U2 would have there
    India would literally just be me lol.
  8. PopMart didn't sell out in many places... places that sold out easily before and afterwards. I think it still sold pretty decent, Tel Aviv was almost sold out.. only Germany and some shows on the third leg were horrible..
  9. with Live Nation Middle East (Dubai) everything is possible !!!
  10. U2 know what they signed up for... not everything is possible.
  11. yes, just like your boss will try to let you work for 24 hours a day... in the end it's all about finding the right balance. U2 have to bring a certain amount of money, and with over 600 million dollars gross in the past 4 years and over 1,3 billion in the last decade I think they have nothing to worry about... I think the next agreement will be a lot more loose..