1. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:[..]
    Yawn.

If they did play there I'd never forgive them.

If they do play there - I hope they play Love Is Bigger with the visuals and Women of the World + Ultraviolet from JT2017 with the luminous icons.
    Mysterious Ways with the belly dancer? Lol.

2. Meaning you'll always have a grudge against them or stop listening in general?
  3. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:[..]
    Yawn.

If they did play there I'd never forgive them.

If they do play there - I hope they play Love Is Bigger with the visuals and Women of the World + Ultraviolet from JT2017 with the luminous icons.

Amen. I hope they don't end up there, and that all Bono's talk about human rights actually means something.
  4. Originally posted by SJKamal:[..]
    I'll refer back to WWE. They got really bad publicity when they signed the deal with Saudi Arabia. But did they care? not really. They're making more money from the shows in Saudi than they would from any show in America (maybe not Wrestlemania). There's even rumours that Saudi Arabia even payed for all the transport costs etc.

At the first show in Saudi, they literally brought out John Cena (for those who don't know he's the typical patriotic American, imagine Captain America) out to say how honoured the WWE are to be here and that Saudi is such a great country. If the deal is lucrative enough for LiveNation, and lets say that the UAE cover the costs of transport, then LiveNation will be making a ridiculous amount of money, probably the most they've made from any show. They would definitely send U2 out there.

I can even picture Bono giving a John Cena esque speech, saying how honoured the U2 group are to finally be here, and that its a country that has always fascinated him blah blah. He'll probably say something along the lines of "This country has come so far, but still has so far to go". Money talks.

There is a moment when money steps upon ethical lines. Personally, I think the outrage over Saudi Arabia is justified.
  5. -
  6. Maybe they would like to play Saudi so they could have a pop at the regime . Not all Saudis are bad people and there must be a few U2 fans out there . Plus the expat community would flock to the shows
  7. They've never played Russia have they ? Having a pop at Putin on his home turf would be a bit dicey
  8. Moscow 2010?
  9. Abu Dhabi doesn’t seem too farfetched given some of the other artists that have performed there, there’s also the formula 1 Grand Prix that takes places there so they are attracting interest although personally it’s a place I would never go as I find some of the laws quite disturbing. Saudi Arabia appears to take some of they laws to a new level of disturbing, perhaps some of the punishments fuel my feeling on this as well. I don’t think u2 or live nation would have anything to do with Saudi Arabia but would be much less surprised if Abu Dhabi was on the tour itenary although still a bit surprised. We’ll see although I’d like to echo what Tim said that they are not all bad people living in these countries but certainly they are living under some very bad and wrong laws in my view.