1. My addition to the thread:

Landlady
  2. Ohhh I will be crucified for this one

Streets. Every one has this undying reverence for this song. I tend to skip it in bootlegs or when it shows up randomly in spotify
    I didn't even notice its abscense in the 4 shows I attended last year.
    It's a nice song, don't get me wrong. But I enjoy other songs way more than this. They could ommit it from every show forever and I wouldn't miss it

Also RHMT, it's sooo boring. Seeing it was nice as a checklist thing, but I can never hear it agaon and I will be ok.

Heartland: I can't even remember one lyric from this song. I have listened to it like 3 times and never even connected with me

California: the intro is atrocious, the rest of the song is forgettable

The Troubles: it's a nice song, but wouln't miss it if I never get to hear it again.

Landlady: hearing it live in one of the 3 shows it was ever played (and I'm sure I witnessed its last ever outing in Dublin) was a really nice surprise, wasn't expecting it at all. It was a really lovely experience. But I tend to skip it all the time and in fact was the only song I couldn't sing along to that night.
  3. Originally posted by wowow:[..]

But I do not believe this topic is to discuss if the songs mentioned in this forum should be mentioned at all here or not!

Agreed! I didn't want to start critiquing individual songs. Was more meant to be a throw-away topic of one-off. But I should know U2 fans (a little more) better
  4. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    Yeah, really depressing topic if you ask me....

But if you must know: "Dirty Day" would be my pick

#iwillfollowatnumberone

Didn't mean to be the bastard who grinds everyone down!
  5. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:Man... this topic is a big oof. I guess that's sort of the point. So, in the spirit of big oof... here are mine:

(I didn't elaborate on Elevation because... does anyone actually like Elevation all that much? Apart from Tim, of course)

It's my favourite so....
  6. I have to admit I’m a little bit confused regarding what the thread is about. The title seems to be clear, it’s almost another way of saying what’s the most overrated songs because ‘songs I don’t get the fuss over’ suggests most people like it but you don’t, but then some of the opening picks included songs that aren’t that highly rated in general so that would seem to go against the topic title. Not having a go or anything just seems a bit confusing.
  7. I think my post was more in line with the title
  8. Streets certainly was, that’s a song that’s generally loved by fans at all levels of the u2 fan base. Makes it a perfect choice though if you don’t rate it as highly.
  9. The Crystal Ballroom
  10. While it hurts really bad to see some of what I’d consider U2’s best material and several personal favourites in here, one thing I absolutely love about U2 fans is when someone sticks up for songs that I or others don’t like - I really love that EVERY one of their songs is among someone’s favourites!!