1. Originally posted by deanallison:I have to admit I’m a little bit confused regarding what the thread is about. The title seems to be clear, it’s almost another way of saying what’s the most overrated songs because ‘songs I don’t get the fuss over’ suggests most people like it but you don’t, but then some of the opening picks included songs that aren’t that highly rated in general so that would seem to go against the topic title. Not having a go or anything just seems a bit confusing.
    Yeah, I do see your point. I picked those songs because at some point I've come across love for each one, though perhaps they weren't all on the forums, and I can't recite chapter & verse for when those discussions happened. But I do genuinely recall where I've seen love showered down on each of my song selections, so maybe they're not loved corporately, though I can see how the word 'fuss' certainly implies that. I don't think for example that I intended to suggest that MOS or RFD is universally loved by all!
  2. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:While it hurts really bad to see some of what I’d consider U2’s best material and several personal favourites in here, one thing I absolutely love about U2 fans is when someone sticks up for songs that I or others don’t like - I really love that EVERY one of their songs is among someone’s favourites!!
    Yes!
  3. Maybe this thread is something people don't see the fuss over......
  4. Originally posted by mattfromcanada:[..]
    Yeah, I do see your point. I picked those songs because at some point I've come across love for each one, though perhaps they weren't all on the forums, and I can't recite chapter & verse for when those discussions happened. But I do genuinely recall where I've seen love showered down on each of my song selections, so maybe they're not loved corporately, though I can see how the word 'fuss' certainly implies that. I don't think for example that I intended to suggest that MOS or RFD is universally loved by all!
    I think it was the likes of Miami, American soul and volcano I was thinking about as odd picks. When I think of they songs I think of songs that are pretty disliked or at least not overly appreciated around here and other fan sites and don’t get much appreciation in general. Moment of surrender and red Flag Day seem like two of the better choices as I think they are at least well liked on fan sites although again in the bigger picture they probably aren’t the two most loved or well known songs but I can see more reason for picking them. Does that make sense? I know what you’re saying though too if you’ve seen a few instances of people praising the songs that sort of qualifies them for the thread. It’s not a big deal but just interested in what criteria people would go with to make there picks. (I’m completely over complicating this topic I know sorry lol).
  5. Love Is Blindness

Worst track on AB for me. While it has a great guitar solo, it is so moody and way too much of a downer to be the final song of a concert.

Miracle Drug

Red Flag Day

Bono's voice just doesn't sound good on the album recording. Sounds like it's way too much of a strain for him.
  6. Walk On... Don't know why, but the guitar riff seems really disconnected from the intro, and every time I hear the transition, it makes me want to smash my head on the ground. The same goes to the screamed chorus. It really grinds my gear.

Most overrated song ever.

I don't know how is possible that Walk On is higher rated than In A Little While by people.
  7. Originally posted by ViniedgeU2:Walk On... Don't know why, but the guitar riff seems really disconnected from the intro, and every time I hear the transition, it makes me want to smash my head on the ground. The same goes to the screamed chorus. It really grinds my gear.

I don't know how is possible that Walk On is higher rated than In A Little While by people.
    Do you like the single version at all?
  8. The single version dimish my annoyment with the chorus, but the transition I've mentioned still makes me wanna punch myself. Hate this song for life.

Ahh, it's also the only skippable song on U22. I always keep my finger read to skip, just waiting for the end of MLK.

What about you?
  9. Little things. What a crap song. Ever since JT’17 don’t get the fuss about it. Just like Mercy. Why do people love that?
  10. Originally posted by ViniedgeU2:Walk On... Don't know why, but the guitar riff seems really disconnected from the intro, and every time I hear the transition, it makes me want to smash my head on the ground. The same goes to the screamed chorus. It really grinds my gear.

I love Walk On !