1. Not sure if there is much "fuzz" over Stuck...

I still like any full band version of it though (Elevation Tour style!)... and the duet with Mick Jagger...of course

(But I never fuzzed about it until now )
  2. But there was definitely a big fuss... and many people tend to repeat again and again they want it on new album So to me it fits here...
  3. Silver And Gold
  4. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    But there was definitely a big fuss... and many people tend to repeat again and again they want it on new album So to me it fits here...
    It was a joke lol Of course it fits the bill!
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I think it was the likes of Miami, American soul and volcano I was thinking about as odd picks. When I think of they songs I think of songs that are pretty disliked or at least not overly appreciated around here and other fan sites and don’t get much appreciation in general. Moment of surrender and red Flag Day seem like two of the better choices as I think they are at least well liked on fan sites although again in the bigger picture they probably aren’t the two most loved or well known songs but I can see more reason for picking them. Does that make sense? I know what you’re saying though too if you’ve seen a few instances of people praising the songs that sort of qualifies them for the thread. It’s not a big deal but just interested in what criteria people would go with to make there picks. (I’m completely over complicating this topic I know sorry lol).
    Don't we overcomplicate everything
  6. New Years Day: its ok, just nothing special to me.
    Red Light: One of my least favorite U2 songs.
    Wild Honey: boring
    Wake Up Dead Man: boring
    Cedars of Lebanon: boring
    Sleep Like A Baby: see above, it lives up to its title, puts you to sleep.
  7. Okay, here we go:

Cedarwood Road: Do not get the love for this one at all. The intro irritates the heck out of me, the melody is uninspiring and grating, and overall it’s just a dud of a song. The only song from SoI that I skip, yet people talk about it like it’s the best on the album.

Until the End of the World: This one has already been brought up. To be clear, I actually like this song - I just don’t love it, and it seems to be considered one of U2’s biggest hits both on here and by the band. I mean, there are so many better songs out there but this one consistently shows up tour after tour after tour. Was so glad to see it given a rest on JT2017

Finally, to a lesser extent The Little Things That Give You Away: This is a good song. I like it. But it just sounds like U2 on autopilot. Everyone sings it’s praises and talks about how it’s their best song in ten/fifteen/twenty/thirty years, and like, it’s just the most generic U2-sounding song ever. Basic chords on a piano, good but not incredible lyrics, and then an Edge riff so basic it sounds like someone imitating Edge’s sound. They did so many interesting and new things on SoE, but the one song everyone agrees is great is the one where they played it super safe.
  8. Anyone who thinks Until the end of the world is not amazing needs their head looking at. Just my opinion of course
  9. You speak the truth, David.
  10. That people must be pearl jam and muse listeners. With all respect. But come on! That's awful music.