Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. "At the end the man of the world, the experienced man breaks down and explains that he is afraid, that there is fear in his life" - Bono about The Little Things, 2017
  2. It's beautiful because of how it articulates that fear.

I'm only a couple of years behind Bono, so the idea of the experienced man being afraid and having fear in his life resonates loudly with me. He just says it far more beautifully than I ever could. And that, after all, is why so many of us love this band, this tour and this album; because they so often sing our thoughts.

I get quite emotional at each show of this tour I have seen when I hear Bad because it hit a raw nerve for me personally when it was released. It is the highlight of this tour for me, among many stellar moments. I hopefully get to hear it one more time in Perth this week.
  3. Originally posted by Henderson7:With these shows heading into the month of December, has the possibility of Christmas Baby Please Come Home being added to the set list been talked about? Would love to see that
    Yeah in a medley with Heartland. Very plausible
  4. Maybe christmas snippets in Bad at december shows?
  5. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:It's beautiful because of how it articulates that fear.

I'm only a couple of years behind Bono, so the idea of the experienced man being afraid and having fear in his life resonates loudly with me. He just says it far more beautifully than I ever could. And that, after all, is why so many of us love this band, this tour and this album; because they so often sing our thoughts.

I get quite emotional at each show of this tour I have seen when I hear Bad because it hit a raw nerve for me personally when it was released. It is the highlight of this tour for me, among many stellar moments. I hopefully get to hear it one more time in Perth this week.
    Thank you for sharing your personal experience with this song. It is is one of my favorites from the band. It is ok to have fear to the unknown, which in this case is death.

"The end is here, sometimes"
    I am young, but for me it also means fear for the good times to end. Nothing is perfect or forever, as I have lost family and friends.

But it is the word "Sometimes" which gives the hope, because the end is not forever for the ones who beileve there is something more after we leave this world
  6. Also implies the similar sentiment of SYCMIOYO.
  7. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:It's beautiful because of how it articulates that fear.

U2's music is highly personal. The message is what matters. It's obvious from Bono's interest in social politics that he has actually little interest in music industry. His message is very primal and raw at times. Does that make sense?
  8. Originally posted by miryclay:[..]
    U2's music is highly personal. The message is what matters. It's obvious from Bono's interest in social politics that he has actually little interest in music industry. His message is very primal and raw at times. Does that make sense?
    I would venture to be so bold as to say that in many ways U2 has never cared about the music industry. They've done it their way since they refused to fire Larry.
  9. U2 to present an ARIA award in Australia ? During their live gig with a broadcast.
    Snippet from the article :

"They will cross live via video to present the aware to the winner with 5 Seconds Of Summer, Birds Of Tokyo, Hilltop Hoods, RÜFÜS DU SOL and The Teskey Brothers nominated for the 2019 Best Group award.

U2 were an obvious choice to present the award as they hold the record for the most ARIA No. 1 albums by a group, having reached the chart summit 11 times.

Bono last featured at the ARIAs in 2006 when he made an impassioned speech to induct his friends Midnight Oil to the Hall of Fame."

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entertainment/music/u2-mark-final-night-of-joshua-tree-tour-with-live-cross-to-present-best-group-at-the-aria-awards/news-story/835b8a2acef0cf5a9b4ec041d5f7a33a
  10. It will be awkward as hell.
  11. What a way to ruin the Perth gig then....