2019-11-22 - Sydney
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Songs played: 26
Audio recordings: 1
  1. Yep, I've updated the map on page 4 of this thread. They're in bays 316, 317 (& probably 318).

Depending on where those pesky relay towers end up, 318 could actually be very good.
  2. I sit in 315 for Swans games and can only assume that the relay towers must be the issue for 316-318. For AFL they would give a direct view down the ground
  3. Secured another three Cat-3 for second show, this time in 314.
  4. Congrats mate.
  5. Still haven’t found ....
  6. Yeah, it's a bit annoying. The only lower bowl (concourse) level seats I've been offered today are CAT 3 seats in Bay 26 & Bay 15, & very expensive VIP Gold seats at the front of Bay 7.

I've pretty much only been offered CAT 1 in the O'Reilly Stand, CAT 2 in the Brewongal stand, & was getting offered CAT 3 in the Victor Trumper stand, & now Bay 26 & Bay 15 instead. CAT 5 was offered in 318, & has sold out now.
  7. For the second night I am going with my eldest daughter and her husband. It will be the first time for him but this will make her a 'veteran' of 3 tours at the age of 27, which is no mean feat when you live in Australia. Her first ever live show was the 3rd night of Vertigo in Sydney and we were 10 people back from the main stage - not a bad introduction to the concert experience when you're only 14.
  8. Originally posted by ddarroch:[..]
    Yeah, it's a bit annoying. The only lower bowl (concourse) level seats I've been offered today are CAT 3 seats in Bay 26 & Bay 15, & very expensive VIP Gold seats at the front of Bay 7.

I've pretty much only been offered CAT 1 in the O'Reilly Stand, CAT 2 in the Brewongal stand, & was getting offered CAT 3 in the Victor Trumper stand, & now Bay 26 & Bay 15 instead. CAT 5 was offered in 318, & has sold out now.
    Think there is any chance for any Cat5 in the public sale?
  9. I think I pulled them up in the general sale for Sydney 1. But they were gone within 15 minutes. So you'd have to be quick.
  10. Originally posted by ddarroch:[..]
    I think I pulled them up in the general sale for Sydney 1. But they were gone within 15 minutes. So you'd have to be quick.
    Thanks. Debating getting Cat 3 or waiting for Cat 5.
    Thoughts?
  11. You don't mention Cat-4, so I'm assuming you'd prefer not to stand; otherwise that's your 'Goldilocks' option. Not as expensive as Cat-3 seats and gives you more options to position yourself without any interference on your view, but more expensive than Cat-5.

I thought the cheap seats for 360 were excellent value. Sure, the band weren't always facing you but you did get an uninterrupted view of the stage and screen. Here, I don't like the idea of buying with a restricted view, so it was Cat-3 for me but I appreciate that's a big jump in price. The absence of Cat-4 seats is a pain.

I just checked via Live Nation and it offered 2 seats in Bay 17 for Cat-3 which would be facing directly to the stage I would think.
  12. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:You don't mention Cat-4, so I'm assuming you'd prefer not to stand; otherwise that's your 'Goldilocks' option. Not as expensive as Cat-3 seats and gives you more options to position yourself without any interference on your view, but more expensive than Cat-5.

I thought the cheap seats for 360 were excellent value. Sure, the band weren't always facing you but you did get an uninterrupted view of the stage and screen. Here, I don't like the idea of buying with a restricted view, so it was Cat-3 for me but I appreciate that's a big jump in price. The absence of Cat-4 seats is a pain.

I just checked via Live Nation and it offered 2 seats in Bay 17 for Cat-3 which would be facing directly to the stage I would think.
    Thanks for the help. I pulled the trigger on Cat 3 as I couldn’t resist and didn’t want to risk missing out all together. I already have RZ for the Friday night so standing the next night would not work. I have barely convinced my wife to go to both shows. There’s no way I could get her to stand two nights in a row.