1. And I know I'm going to be in the overwhelmingly low minority by saying as usual please don't.

2. I'm 18 years old so no, I wasn't there
    I like the monstrous energy of the crowd and I think the band was really on fire that night. Plus, they played 9 songs from Rattle And Hum, which is one of my favourite albums by the band (easily top 3). And I'd like to hear a clean version of Hawkmoon
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

The only tour show without Streets until 2018; Why?

Just kidding. Overall very interesting choices, out of the ordinary. Chicago 92 was a curve ball!

Are you scared I don't like Streets? (don't worry, I do like it )
    Chicago '92 is another show I would be very curious to hear. 25-song setlist with pretty much everything I enjoy from ZOO Tv and... So Cruel played in full
  4. Originally posted by Federico_Toni:[..]

I'm 18 years old so no, I wasn't there
    I like the monstrous energy of the crowd and I think the band was really on fire that night. Plus, they played 9 songs from Rattle And Hum, which is one of my favourite albums by the band (easily top 3). And I'd like to hear a clean version of Hawkmoon
    It's the show which got delayed (and evacuated) due to the bomb announcement, right? That explains the extra energy. It's one of the first bootlegs I ever downloaded, have fond memories of it too
  5. Maybe back in the day when bootlegs being sold in stores was a big thing, but I don't see them keeping their U2torrents ratio up so they can download all the bootlegs and see which sound better and which sound worse... Just giving an example, eh.
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:We know for sure they record and archive all of their shows since decades ago... in audio.

But I've always wondered if they do the same in video, obviously they don't carry a 30-camera setup to every show but maybe they record the video feeds from their standard production cameras (the ones used to show band members on the screens live)?
    Surely they do, at least for the last few tours cos we get professional clips on Instagram/Facebook after each show, so there's at least some proshot footage from each show, and they gotta decide which bit gets released, and it's not that difficult to record what you're already filming for the screens
  7. Originally posted by WideAwakeBadBoy:[..]
    Surely they do, at least for the last few tours cos we get professional clips on Instagram/Facebook after each show, so there's at least some proshot footage from each show, and they gotta decide which bit gets released, and it's not that difficult to record what you're already filming for the screens
    I read they film every show and are given a copy of it on USB key it might not be cinematic quality but good enough for them to watch and make adjustments if needed. Unfortunately unlike Pearl jam and Bruce they are quality control freaks and it has to go through so many hoops before getting released to the public.
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    It's the show which got delayed (and evacuated) due to the bomb announcement, right? That explains the extra energy. It's one of the first bootlegs I ever downloaded, have fond memories of it too

Yes it is. It's also the show that got filmed and partially broadcast on the Lowenstein LoveTown Tour documentary. My ideal U2.com fan club gift would be the entire show on DVD but I know I'm just dreaming :-)
  9. Originally posted by WideAwakeBadBoy:[..]
    Yeah, for the latest tours -starting from 360 at least- that's a given (whether they properly store it is another question though...), but I wonder for previous tours. They've been showing on-screen live footage since Zoo TV if not before. Imagine how much semiproshot greatness has been lost if all of that wasn't recorded and archived
  10. Originally posted by Federico_Toni:[..]

Yes it is. It's also the show that got filmed and partially broadcast on the Lowenstein LoveTown Tour documentary. My ideal U2.com fan club gift would be the entire show on DVD but I know I'm just dreaming :-)
    Without all the BS clips just the band performing,it's very annoying to watch it as it is.
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Yeah, for the latest tours -starting from 360 at least- that's a given (whether they properly store it is another question though...), but I wonder for previous tours. They've been showing on-screen live footage since Zoo TV if not before. Imagine how much semiproshot greatness has been lost if all of that wasn't recorded and archived
    They've had screens as far back as the Joshua Tree, once they started doing stadiums people complained that they couldn't see the band properly so they had a couple screens for most stadium shows (originally just stuck onto the back of the sound desk I believe)