1. Originally posted by MattG:I think with the lack of interest shown in many US markets in particular on E&I, more shows will only continue to decrease demand. Live Nation is the one studying the receipts of those and I’m not sure they’ll want to gamble with supply and demand like that.

And with an “era” typically taking U2 several years to complete, I’m hesitant to predict that they’ll tackle a whole ‘nother run around the world before bigger career plans take effect.

Excited to watch and see!
    There was a saturation of the market in North America. Playing 92 shows 2015-2018. 93 if you count 2016's iHeart Festival.

They could a short tour of one continent a year if necessary. Europe year 1, North America year 2, South America year 3, Oceania/Asia year 4. If they wanted to do a 'round the world trek. Obviously they would take it one year at a time. Not planning anything years in advance.

They seemed to enjoy themselves a lot more this year than in 2018. Maybe because they knew it was a short tour, only 15 shows. Those first shows in Europe in 2018 I saw were not great with the innocence section from 2015. It seemed like a chore. It felt different, weird almost to be seeing the same thing 3 years later.

I think the next tour will begin in Europe? There's always good demand here for U2.

We'll see!
  2. Will we have a U2 biopic?
  3. Coming back to this and assuming they were to embrace the "anniversary thing" (something that more and more bands and doing lately), I hope someone convinces them to do a clubs/theatres tour later this year to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the release of Boy. They could play short residencies in just a couple of cities around the world (4-5 shows in London, Dublin, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Sydney, New York, Los Angeles and Chicago). No stadium-filler hits, no super-hi-tech stage props, just a bunch of oldies thrown together (they've played 65% of Boy in recent years anyway) and a bare stage with a couple of white flags and a Boy-cover sheet behind them.

Now that's an anniversary show I'd LOVE to attend, and not an Achtung Baby/Zoo TV nostalgia thing.

</pipedream>
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:Coming back to this and assuming they were to embrace the "anniversary thing" (something that more and more bands and doing lately), I hope someone convinces them to do a clubs/theatres tour later this year to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the release of Boy. They could play short residencies in just a couple of cities around the world (4-5 shows in London, Dublin, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Sydney, New York, Los Angeles and Chicago). No stadium-filler hits, no super-hi-tech stage props, just a bunch of oldies thrown together (they've played 65% of Boy in recent years anyway) and a bare stage with a couple of white flags and a Boy-cover sheet behind them.

Now that's an anniversary show I'd LOVE to attend, and not an Achtung Baby/Zoo TV nostalgia thing.

</pipedream>
    Would be amazing! Twilight!!

The ticket prices though
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:Coming back to this and assuming they were to embrace the "anniversary thing" (something that more and more bands and doing lately), I hope someone convinces them to do a clubs/theatres tour later this year to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the release of Boy. They could play short residencies in just a couple of cities around the world (4-5 shows in London, Dublin, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Sydney, New York, Los Angeles and Chicago). No stadium-filler hits, no super-hi-tech stage props, just a bunch of oldies thrown together (they've played 65% of Boy in recent years anyway) and a bare stage with a couple of white flags and a Boy-cover sheet behind them.

</pipedream>
    Now THIS is an idea I can get behind. That would certainly be a show I'd go through lengths to attend.
  6. Just to be greedy I’ll take a boy anniversary tour this year and AB next year. Only played 6 of the 11 boy tracks in my lifetime and I’ve only seen 2 of them (I will follow and Electric co) so it would be a really cool show in that respect. Getting to finally witness an cat Dubh/into the heart, a day without me, twilight and out of control would be amazing.
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:Coming back to this and assuming they were to embrace the "anniversary thing" (something that more and more bands and doing lately), I hope someone convinces them to do a clubs/theatres tour later this year to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the release of Boy. They could play short residencies in just a couple of cities around the world (4-5 shows in London, Dublin, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Sydney, New York, Los Angeles and Chicago). No stadium-filler hits, no super-hi-tech stage props, just a bunch of oldies thrown together (they've played 65% of Boy in recent years anyway) and a bare stage with a couple of white flags and a Boy-cover sheet behind them.

</pipedream>
    That definitely won't happen it's not commercially viable it would only appeal to a small hardcore fanbase and with U2 it's all about the money certainly Live Nation wouldn't back it as it wouldn't shift enough tickets.I reckon the next tour will be a Greatest hits that's always a guaranteed success especially with older bands who don't sell mass quantities anymore I can't see them doing an Achtung baby tour as most of those songs have been played on the last few tours but who knows nobody ever imagined them doing a JT tour.
  8. just wait guys...... they are supposed to start recording the album later this year 2021-2022 are the years for SOA
  9. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    That definitely won't happen it's not commercially viable it would only appeal to a small hardcore fanbase and with U2 it's all about the money certainly Live Nation wouldn't back it as it wouldn't shift enough tickets.I reckon the next tour will be a Greatest hits that's always a guaranteed success especially with older bands who don't sell mass quantities anymore I can't see them doing an Achtung baby tour as most of those songs have been played on the last few tours but who knows nobody ever imagined them doing a JT tour.
    Sunday Bloody Sunday will never come back - me at 16 (1996)
    Man I'll never hear Out of Control - me at 17 (1997)
    They'll definitely never tour without supporting an album - me at 28 (2008)
    They'll definitely never play Red Hill - me at 31 (2011)
    Acrobat will forever be the untouched gem - me at 37 (2017)
    They'll definitely never play a concert without Streets - me before E+I
    You're sweet thinking your sign will get Bono's attention - my wife on June 24, 2005
    ………...
  10. Originally posted by mattfromcanada:[..]
    Sunday Bloody Sunday will never come back - me at 16 (1996)
    Man I'll never hear Out of Control - me at 17 (1997)
    They'll definitely never tour without supporting an album - me at 28 (2008)
    They'll definitely never play Red Hill - me at 31 (2011)
    Acrobat will forever be the untouched gem - me at 37 (2017)
    They'll definitely never play a concert without Streets - me before E+I
    You're sweet thinking your sign will get Bono's attention - my wife on June 24, 2005
    ………...
    I just can't see them doing a Boy anniversary tour unless they were to do a few small club gigs but as a big world tour it wouldn't have the wide appeal as a JT or an Achtung baby anniversary tour,I'm sure Live Nation wouldn't be enamored with the idea as they'd prefer a Greatest hits or farewell tour as they are guaranteed stadium fillers.