1. I hope that they aren't done. I know the day is coming soonish, but I'll be very sad when there are no more U2 concerts. I do wonder if they will adopt the Rolling Stones' touring method in the future. Do North America one year. Then the next year do Europe. Then the next do Australia/Asia. Then the next South America. Etc Etc. Instead of these big tours that take all year. And instead of having these theme concept tours like SOI/SOE tours, just make it more of a general U2 tour. Not strictly a greatest hits tour, but just a career spanning setlist that's mostly hits, a handful of new songs, and deep cuts that can be mixed in without any justification or narrative needed, just U2 playing U2 songs.
  2. I just want a tour like "By Request" of Metallica.
    Something where the fans can make the setlist.
  3. LOL that would be great,but it would take them too long to relearn some of the songs
  4. If you've seen a recent Stones tour....do you really want another re-hash of Brown Sugar? Or Satisfaction? Or Miss You? Seen that. Tired of it.

On the other hand, Dylan's new record comes out this week. He's 79. Still writing good songs. Still touring.

I hope U2 keeps going & pushing the envelope, writing & performing new stuff.
  5. Or, just do an REM and be done.
  6. Originally posted by spfletty:If you've seen a recent Stones tour....do you really want another re-hash of Brown Sugar? Or Satisfaction? Or Miss You? Seen that. Tired of it.

On the other hand, Dylan's new record comes out this week. He's 79. Still writing good songs. Still touring.

I hope U2 keeps going & pushing the envelope, writing & performing new stuff.
    I hope Bono ends up like Zimmy. Cradle to the grave.
  7. .... making art that is.
  8. Acoustic strings tour please
  9. Evening with U2. Acoustic with orchestra, then semi electric. 10 show residency at theaters like the Shrine in LA, Beacon in NYC, etc..
  10. No, please not that acoustic hype. I find that really boring. Only exception was Nirvana, but half of the songs were not their own.
  11. I also would like to see a tour with strings, but as backing for a "electric" show.

Or a tour with some extra musicians, who can play and know the lyrics of most of the U2 songs. A 2nd guitar player, keyboardist, so Edge can concentrate only on guitar playing, backgroundsingers for the high notes and lyrics, strings and a horn section.