1. I think they talk about new songs!
    From what we know from previous album sessions they always rearrange songs!
  2. Or maybe something related to AB30 anniversary.
  3. Even if it is rearranging old songs, it doesn't mean they won't release a new album in 2022 - or maybe later. They might be working on a 2021 release ( rearranging old songs and re-recording them ) & then they're gonna start recording for a new album. Whatever they do release in 2021 - if they actually will - there's no reason to think they're done making new music; since 2019 Bono, Edge and Adam had all been talking about a new album. Bono talked about Songs of Ascent, Edge said he's been writing a lot of music alone or with Bono and Adam even said there is an album almost ready. So, whatever that 2021 release ends up being, I'm sure a new album will eventually come out.
  4. Lots of fans love acoustic U2, so maybe they decided to give their old songs an acoustic, stripped down treatment. And then, they'll go on with the new album. So, if Adam is refering to their old songs, that's what I'm thinking about.
  5. Originally posted by iamcrazytonight:Lots of fans love acoustic U2, so maybe they decided to give their old songs an acoustic, stripped down treatment. And then, they'll go on with the new album. So, if Adam is refering to their old songs, that's what I'm thinking about.
    No! Please for the love of god no!

I think until we hear of a solid producer working with them, i’m not to sure much will come out of this talk at least for the next 12 months.
  6. I can't see them re recording old songs from previous albums that would be worse than touring the Joshua Tree again in terms of glorifying the past ,Edge has already said that he and Bono have written loads of songs during lockdown so I'd say it's a case of them trying out new approaches and ideas with those songs in a more stripped back way.
  7. Originally posted by popmarter:I can't see them re recording old songs from previous albums that would be worse than touring the Joshua Tree again in terms of glorifying the past ,Edge has already said that he and Bono have written loads of songs during lockdown so I'd say it's a case of them trying out new approaches and ideas with those songs in a more stripped back way.
    Well the worry is ‘stripped’ back doesn’t equal ‘acoustic’ and Adam said the word ‘acoustic’ as a muso i’m sure he knows the difference between the two.

Also the mythical ‘SOA’ doesn’t exist , i’m calling that now !
  8. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    He doesn't specify that they are old songs from previous albums been rearranged it could mean new songs they've recorded over the last year or two and that they are trying different arrangements with them.

Exactly how i interpreted it.
  9. Actually like the idea of stripped down versions, like the fly and So cruel on the achtung baby anniversary dvd
  10. They had rehearsed a bunch of acoustic songs back in 2015, later abandoned that idea. The acoustic version of the fly and no line on the horizon were.... strange. The full band acoustic version of moment of surrender was really cool though. I could see the idea having potential.