1. Originally posted by Remy:Other interesting quote from this podcast: "Maybe in a post-covid world we might get to a point where concerts are experienced with goggles and headphones that you are not actually in a big room anymore."
    What a disgrace. The very thing that appeals me the most from concerts is actually being in that big room with a couple of dozens, or many thousands, of people that share my passion for the artists that are playing.
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    What a disgrace. The very thing that appeals me the most from concerts is actually being in that big room with a couple of dozens, or many thousands, of people that share my passion for the artists that are playing.
    Exactly. It doesn't even matter how big the room is. I love all types of venues. For 100k or for 100 ppl. Every size has it's own magic (and I'm talking about venues, no lewd things lol)
  3. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    Exactly. It doesn't even matter how big the room is. I love all types of venues. For 100k or for 100 ppl. Every size has it's own magic (and I'm talking about venues, no lewd things lol)
    Yeah, exactly. I said "dozens" because some of the best concerts I've ever seen had less than a hundred in attendance. That magic, that energy... NOTHING comparable with wearing some VR goggles at home. I hope the live music world doesn't ever move in that direction.
  4. Sounds to me like Adam (and maybe the rest of U2) might be what are called "Covid Doomers", believing the worst case scenarios. The Rolling Stones are touring stadiums in the US this fall, and they're a lot older than U2. Charlie Watts is 80! They could do something if they wanted to.
  5. Originally posted by podiumboy:Sounds to me like Adam (and maybe the rest of U2) might be what are called "Covid Doomers", believing the worst case scenarios. The Rolling Stones are touring stadiums in the US this fall, and they're a lot older than U2. Charlie Watts is 80! They could do something if they wanted to.
    Maybe one of them(Larry) wants time out regardless, I mean they went pretty much full throttle on the last 6 years of the decade between recording and touring so maybe not all of them want to get back into the U2 world for a while.
  6. Maybe Edge and Bono should do a The Vault Tour like Kiss did when Gene Simmons when to peoples houses
  7. Welp
  8. Originally posted by pleasegone:[..]

In theory, maybe not a bad idea. But there is a checklist of things older artists ARE REQUIRED TO DO:

1. Hire a younger producer with a penchant for being in touch with the sounds of a younger generation(Or Pandering, as I would call this.)
    2. Use Autotune. The last thing most people under 30 want(Target age for new demographic of fans) is to hear real singing. These days, everyone has to have a voice that sounds exactly the same. Anything diverse or bucking the trends is counter productive for a young audience. For reference, check out the last 3 singles George Michael released in his lifetime. All autotune. Since that George Michael guy can't carry a tune, it made sense.
    3. Make an album of covers or standards, or rehashes of your own songs with the Fish Out Of Water Orchestra, the London Symphony or maybe even the Tallahassee Symphony Orchestra, or acoustic rehashes, and if unsure, call Sting up. Sting has extensive expertise when it comes to remaking his and Police songs to the point of ridiculous over exhaustion. If Sting is busy, call up Rod Stewart. He knows a thing or two about covers.
    4. Make a remixes box set. The absolute most important thing for a rock band is to have tons of dance remixes. Where would Aerosmith be without the Fish Dying Out Of Water remix of Dream On? Or Eric Clapton? The Restanka Danka remix of Layla is his career defining moment. A 5 Disc Box Set Of Remixes is the challenge all older rock bands should strive for.
    this is a legendary post
  9. They're just not interested in doing anything at the moment.

Nice break anyway.
  10. It looks like they are fairly low on new ideas. I would think a new record is likely maybe by the end of 2023 if ever, it might actually be the end, they have barely started the process . They are finding it harder and harder. It's time they open the vault though and actually acknowledged this.
  11. Maybe not a vary popular idea, but I wouldnt mind a greatest hits Tour and them anouncing their pension with it. The best times are really behind them unfortunately I think. But whats in the past is really really good. Why not celebrate that!
  12. Paul stanley from Kiss said this in a recent interview and it resonates with a lot of older bands including U2.

I don’t really see a reason for it, to be quite honest. For the most part, when classic bands put out new albums, they’re looked at and listened to and thrown away because they don’t have the gravitas, they don’t have the age that comes with something being a time capsule or being attached to a certain period of your life,” he told USA Today.

“I’m not alone in that. When you see any classic bands on TV or if there’s a concert video, turn off the sound and I’ll tell you every time they’re playing a new song because the audience sits down.

“So it’s odd to me that people always want you to do a new album, but then they go, ‘That’s great. Now play your hits.’ So honestly, at this point, there isn’t a real reward in it. There’s much more of a reward in changing lanes — I’m still going forward.”