1. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    What would you say about the possibility of it being the fanclub release next year? Like I suggested a few posts back though with the cinema release showing first then the fan club release not reaching us until afterwards. Seems like a real possibility to me but maybe you have info or an idea that it might not be the case?
    I was told they were looking at other acts like The Cure and Depeche Mode and the success they had with a limited film release ahead of a bigger home video release. So if that’s the case, I can’t see them issuing it to the fan club. That being said who knows anymore. The whole pandemic totally derailed their plans for it last year, and although I’m told they still intend it to hit theatres first, there’s been little word on it beyond that.

Plus I don’t think anyone is going to want to tie themselves to a date to put it in theatres just yet, with another wave sweeping through many countries. And it’s almost time for them to announce next years gift. (Next few months) So I don’t think it will be next years gift.
  2. It's actually a really good idea but maybe not business wise. Some sort of streaming/physical could work. Maybe they feel they have to up the value of the gift to compensate for non-existent tickets.
  3. Originally posted by miryclay:It's actually a really good idea but maybe not business wise. Some sort of streaming/physical could work. Maybe they feel they have to up the value of the gift to compensate for non-existent tickets.
    I don’t think they do feel they have to up the value of the gift. Duals came out in 2011 (although there was a tour, most of the tickets were sold in 2010.) North Side Story and the lithographs were also non-tour years. And this years gift seems on par with some other tour year gifts.
  4. Here is some suggestions

B Side Comp
    JT30 DVD
    Roxy 15

Does anyone think they will go live audio again? It's been 630 days since Mumbai.
  5. Originally posted by miryclay:Here is some suggestions

B Side Comp
    JT30 DVD
    Roxy 15

Does anyone think they will go live audio again? It's been 630 days since Mumbai.
    I really hope it’s not a b side compilation. If it was anything studio then it would need to be unreleased stuff to interest me. I like the other suggestions although the Roxy was a relatively short show so they could complete the promo shows of the last few years and make it a Roxy/abbey road 2cd set. But the JT17/19 dvd or audio options would be my first picks. A zoo tv show would also work for its 30th anniversary particularly if they don’t release one commercially with any AB 30 release. Plenty of great options.
  6. well their social media is i dont know what to think, but on instagram they have olny 2,4 milion followers....john cena has 16 mil...

how that one of the greatest band alive has less folowers then a wrestler turned actor ?

did they just give up, and stop reaplying for biggest band on the world - job ?
  7. Originally posted by nicko:well their social media is i dont know what to think, but on instagram they have olny 2,4 milion followers....john cena has 16 mil...

how that one of the greatest band alive has less folowers then a wrestler turned actor ?

well if you think that a band dedicated to music is good based on how many followers they have on instagram instead of fixing their trajectory, their music and such ... my friend, you are wrong
  8. did they just give up, and stop reaplying for biggest band on the world - job ?

I simply believe that time must be accepted as it passes. When I think back to my youth, I saw bands like the Beatles and all the other greats of the 50's and 60's as something really far away from me and it was only 15 years after Let it Be when I first heard Pride. Just to give you an example. Do you think a 20 year old today is interested in a band that released their best material 30 years ago? They are the ones who live and populate social media, not us. It's normal that things are like that. The song of the European Football Championship is a demonstration of this, a few million views, young people do not stick posters of Bono in their rooms, or rather, they do not have a picture of Bono as a wallpaper on their laptop or smartphone and those who seriously love music are not interested in new U2 material, let's admit it. If they would free themselves from the obsession of commercial success, unfortunately impossible, they are a too big company, they could still do great things for old fans.
  9. Originally posted by Damonio123:[..]
    well if you think that a band dedicated to music is good based on how many followers they have on instagram instead of fixing their trajectory, their music and such ... my friend, you are wrong
    not saying this my friend, im just saying, that the one handling their social media is utter crap at doing it so...
  10. even adam said that they are no longer focused on being the best band in the world
  11. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I really hope it’s not a b side compilation. If it was anything studio then it would need to be unreleased stuff to interest me. I like the other suggestions although the Roxy was a relatively short show so they could complete the promo shows of the last few years and make it a Roxy/abbey road 2cd set. But the JT17/19 dvd or audio options would be my first picks. A zoo tv show would also work for its 30th anniversary particularly if they don’t release one commercially with any AB 30 release. Plenty of great options.
    I really dont think they will do B-sides for a fan-club gift. They seem to know they have to keep those type of scraps for any potential commerical boxsets.

Live material is what I think they realize is best for fan club material. Its stuff the rabid fan most wants, and because its not a wide-open commerical release it doesnt need to be 1000% polished to their typical standard (by that i mean, a live fan club release are not typically included in the lists of their "catalouge" the way Under a Blood Red Sky is forever after in history).

One might suppose this upcoming new fan club gift, as much as any other year, is our best chance at more zooTV audio. We know the anniversary is on their brain. However, because it looks like there will be commerical anniversary release of some sort - i could see the thinking be that a fan club release based on the SAME era kinda takes attention away from the commerical release (and open them up to criticism as to their choices for each). To avoid that, and keep the anniversary focused entirely on the commerical release, I could see them making the fan club gift something different entirely (and NO not JT30 dvd- that very clearly has a commerical plan). To make a comparison, last Oct when ATYCLB anniversary boxset was being comerically released, they did NOT do a fan club gift for the same era like Irving Plaza audio.
    Just my 2 cents
  12. Originally posted by nicko:well their social media is i dont know what to think, but on instagram they have olny 2,4 milion followers....john cena has 16 mil...

Social Media is bigger in the US than anywhere else?