1. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    What upcoming audio release?I don't think there will be any maybe some sort of live stream will be as much as they do.
    My comment said “rumoured Achtung Baby project” - someone else replied asking if I meant a tour, and I said “I was referring to the upcoming audio release”. So yes, I specified it was rumoured in my earlier post.
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    When it comes from u2songs it’s as good as fact. Unless you believe that the 2019 tour didn’t actually happen and that u2songs were reporting nonsense for months previous to it. Or that the ATYCLB boxset wasn’t released either and again u2songs were making it all up. There will be a release, now let’s just hope it doesn’t disappoint.

No doubt you will be on here expressing your displeasure with it if they do release "Another" rehashed boxset to fleece the fans with🤣
  3. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]

No doubt you will be on here expressing your displeasure with it if they do release "Another" rehashed boxset to fleece the fans with🤣
    Possibly. I expect the majority of the boxset to be stuff we’ve all got anyway with probably just a handful of remixes or new mixes of songs. So whether I think highly of it or not all depends on if they include an unreleased live show or not. As I’ve explained before I don’t think they would include Sydney so it’s going to be something unreleased or no live material at all and they’ll just fill the discs with more demo’s etc in comparison to the JT and ATYCLB boxsets. I don’t know why they wouldn’t include a previously unreleased show though, they went for MSG when they needed an option for JT so Dublin, Stockholm or Yankee stadium wouldn’t seem like a stretch. Different to ATYCLB where Boston was an easy choice since they hadn’t released that in audio only previously.
  4. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Possibly. I expect the majority of the boxset to be stuff we’ve all got anyway with probably just a handful of remixes or new mixes of songs. So whether I think highly of it or not all depends on if they include an unreleased live show or not. As I’ve explained before I don’t think they would include Sydney so it’s going to be something unreleased or no live material at all and they’ll just fill the discs with more demo’s etc in comparison to the JT and ATYCLB boxsets. I don’t know why they wouldn’t include a previously unreleased show though, they went for MSG when they needed an option for JT so Dublin, Stockholm or Yankee stadium wouldn’t seem like a stretch. Different to ATYCLB where Boston was an easy choice since they hadn’t released that in audio only previously.
    If there’s a box set. I’ve been told there’s a release coming but no one has said anything about a box set. The only info I have is that they were working on a digital experience of some sort with Google. It could just as easily be a coloured vinyl and this digital experience.
  5. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    If there’s a box set. I’ve been told there’s a release coming but no one has said anything about a box set. The only info I have is that they were working on a digital experience of some sort with Google. It could just as easily be a coloured vinyl and this digital experience.
    Tbh a coloured vinyl and digital experience would be better than a disappointing boxset (one without unreleased live stuff). AB is one of the few they haven’t done in coloured vinyl so I’d definitely be adding that to my collection and it would likely be a lot cheaper than a boxset. Just need to wait and see now, can’t be too long before we get some announcement.
  6. Wow coloured vinyl… i want unreleased music.
  7. Amen.. vinyl is nice but let's see something that hasn't officially seen the light of day. Really hoping for something new, not rehashed
  8. would not be surprised if we got a 'live' AB event along the lines of Zoo(m) TV, Willie Williams etc are bound to have been studying the tech we all now have and working on something these last 18months
  9. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    I think the most likely scenario if we see any of that will be some online content or on a streaming service instead of tied to a release. And then who knows? The band struggled to find a home for the Experience and Innocence material on streaming in North America. They certainly tried to sell it there but had no takers in Canada, and it only aired on a niche HD channel in the US. (HBO picked it up for most of Europe.)

They seem to be walking away from releasing video content in general in a physical format though. Sales of music home videos have been tanking so I’m sure it’s hitting U2 as well. The newer box sets have been more focused on putting material out on vinyl, and haven’t even included a video component.

The lack of a buyer for EI streaming doesn't bode well for TJT film. Let's face it, at this point they will wait until 2022 and the 35th anniversary.
  10. Originally posted by miryclay:[..]

The lack of a buyer for EI streaming doesn't bode well for TJT film. Let's face it, at this point they will wait until 2022 and the 35th anniversary.
    The film deal is already done according to various people I’ve spoken to involved in it. Distribution agreements all settled. It just needs to be rescheduled. They were due to start full on promotion when the lockdowns started. It was due to open in June 2020 in theatres. The Q Magazine article would have come out just as it had been announced.
  11. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    The film deal is already done according to various people I’ve spoken to involved in it. Distribution agreements all settled. It just needs to be rescheduled. They were due to start full on promotion when the lockdowns started. It was due to open in June 2020 in theatres. The Q Magazine article would have come out just as it had been announced.
    What would you say about the possibility of it being the fanclub release next year? Like I suggested a few posts back though with the cinema release showing first then the fan club release not reaching us until afterwards. Seems like a real possibility to me but maybe you have info or an idea that it might not be the case?