1. 8:10 Bono: ‘whatever you do don’t sound like u2’

Desire clip is what was to come 2 years later
  2. Ah, ok.. What do you mean with that precisely then?
  3. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    But...

You are right about that bridge part.. First 2 chords of that are the same as the bridge in So Cruel "she wears my love like a.."..

But then again, that's the same bridge as in All I want is you: "all the promises we made.."

One could probably make a great mash-up out of all those tunes and bits...

it sounds a bit like this.. not just the bridge, also the verses..
  4. I read that So Cruel was conceived in just one night , some months after Berlin as a spontaneous accoustic piece.

The thing that links the soundcheck to "Trying" is the primary "chord progression, Being the A-E-D part. And that's in this song, the outtakes, Baby version and Edge even played that guitar part during ZooTV...
  5. That little blusey number at 5 mins. Edge can play with some serious soul when he wants to. Love to hear a blusey number on this proposed rock album.
  6. Originally posted by dtpc191991:That little blusey number at 5 mins. Edge can play with some serious soul when he wants to. Love to hear a blusey number on this proposed rock album.
    At 5 mins of which song/part?
  7. To my ears this is really the core of tryin to throw your arms. Especially having read the story about conceiving So Cruel
  8. I actually found the "rough early verson" from the 7CD Salome tapes, it's on disc 4 or 5 apparently:

Enjoy, it sounds exactly like the Auckland soundcheck:

9. And whilst we're at the salome outtakes anyway.. I found this from 25:00 onwards sounding very much like an early bass/drum take of "Lemon. You can litterally sing the "midnight is where the day begins" part along.. Played them back to back and they match in chords and tempo..?

10. So for the other nerds of obscure soundcheck stuff (although it seems there aren't very many )...

Here's 2 more "new/unknown" tracks from Lovetown Melbourne rehearsals on 7th and 8th October 1989.

1. This sounds a bit like a "drunk" hilbilly version of The Fly. But jokes aside, can't find anything in this track that reminds me of a later song:

2. This one is a bit more interesting. With a bit of willpower you can hear the rough backbone of Until the end of the World. Sounds like a more complete idea as #1 as well:

11. Thanks for sharing, Appreciate the effort.
    I’ve heard most of these before but that last one has slipped by me somehow, never heard that one.
  12. Originally posted by fastcars:Thanks for sharing, Appreciate the effort.
    I’ve heard most of these before but that last one has slipped by me somehow, never heard that one.
    Last one was also done at a Sydney soundcheck 29-09. Sounds very similar, so they must have been carrying that demo around.

So you must know a lot of these then? I'm just digging in this last week. Anything I should listen to?