1. £179 for 2 tickets to see Liam Gallagher in Manchester next year.
  2. Seems pretty reasonable against today's standard.
  3. They were seats. These were the price ranges.

4. I'm seeing James there in June. Personally, I liked the AO Arena as it was big and easy to get to and from. This new one seems to be getting all the bands booked for next year but it's a long walk or more public transport out of the city center. Not really sure why Manchester needs another arena?
  5. Akon announced a UK tour doing the academies. I was interested in picking up a few tickets. At £206 a pop due to dynamic pricing I think I'll give it a miss.

6. Originally posted by SJKamal:Akon announced a UK tour doing the academies. I was interested in picking up a few tickets. At £206 a pop due to dynamic pricing I think I'll give it a miss.

[image]
    Vote with wallet. The only way.
  7. 1 x King's of Leon - £82.35
    1 x Noel Gallagher - £85
    1 x Liam Gallagher and John Squire - £83.55

Also saw Abba Voyage yesterday. That was 4 x £200 each. The Merch was reasonably priced. T shirts ranged from £19-£40. Posters were £20. The hoodies and jackets were more expensive at £70 and £90 respectively.

The show itself was phenomenal, and was truly the first time I've left a show with my jaw dropped due to the use of technology. You can tell at times they're computer generated when the camera does a close up on their face. Apart from that you wouldn't be able to tell. It felt like a normal gig. Really surprised more older bands haven't signed up for this. It definitely is the (scary) future.

The inside of the venue actually reminded me a lot of the Sphere with the interior lighting and ambient music. Even the stage layout looked like a smaller version of the Sphere. However, I thought the use of the technology in Voyage was considerably more impressive than the Sphere. Granted they're 2 different shows with different concepts. Sphere had the better audio though.