1. Originally posted by SJKamal:I understand the fees are more than the tickets itself but is it really that obsessive? The fees work out around $22 per person. $43 all in for a ticket isn't bad.
    It's not quantitative, it's qualitative. The ticket vendor charging more for the fees than the band for the ticket is absolutely surreal, regardless if the tickets are $20 or $600
  2. "We had final say in our ticket pricing for this upcoming tour, and didn't want those prices instantly and horribly distorted by resale," Smith commented ahead of the ticket sale. He later noted, "We didn't agree to the dynamic pricing / price surging / platinum ticket thing, because it itself is a bit of a scam? A separate conversation."

You hear that BRUCE!!! Pearl Jam and every other big touring act!! Seeing PJ and Bruce agree to platinum tickets and then shrugging their shoulders like they have no choice was extremely disappointing.

The Cure are really making others look like, excuse my language, greedy twats.
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    It's not quantitative, it's qualitative. The ticket vendor charging more for the fees than the band for the ticket is absolutely surreal, regardless if the tickets are $20 or $600
    This
  4. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:"We had final say in our ticket pricing for this upcoming tour, and didn't want those prices instantly and horribly distorted by resale," Smith commented ahead of the ticket sale. He later noted, "We didn't agree to the dynamic pricing / price surging / platinum ticket thing, because it itself is a bit of a scam? A separate conversation."

You hear that BRUCE!!! Pearl Jam and every other big touring act!! Seeing PJ and Bruce agree to platinum tickets and then shrugging their shoulders like they have no choice was extremely disappointing.

The Cure are really making others look like, excuse my language, greedy twats.
    Yes... or the others really don't care of their fans.
    But TM is doing TM anyway with charging more on fees than on ticket itself...

5. Wow cool! The story continues
  6. That's great. Long live Robert Smith!
  7. Don't ever say as an artist you had no influence on the matter.
  8. £33.60 for a ticket + Black Vinyl bundle to see Black Honey at my local Record store tonight. Around a 10 song set and includes support from The Jerichos.
  9. Bought 2 tickets for 50 Cent earlier at £80 a pop. Cheapest were £60. GA was £97. Mid range seats were £130-£150 and if you wanted to be close to the stage you have to fork out £230 for the VIP package.

10. Seeing Beyonce on Monday. These are the prices for her merch at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. £80 for a tour book!

11. Concert economies are just nuts now.