1. My local area has 700 confirmed cases per 100,000 people. Not good!

I have noticed a lot of people are sort of disregarding social distancing, etc.
  2. Tennessee, Arizona, Florida, ..., all the states that reopened without mandatory mask usage or social distancing rules, the positive cases rate, the death rate and the hospitalization rates are all increasing dramatically. Look at the numbers below. The positive cases increase rate is bigger than the increase in testing, so the latter does not explain the increase in cases, deaths and hospitalizations.

Bottom line: there's no federal strategy here, every state is alone and fighting for themselves. Among this chaos, more people will die.

3. Do we have any idea of the people that are going to the hospitals? Ages etc?

4. Anyone speak Dutch?
  5. Well that's good

6. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:Tennessee, Arizona, Florida, ..., all the states that reopened without mandatory mask usage or social distancing rules, the positive cases rate, the death rate and the hospitalization rates are all increasing dramatically. Look at the numbers below. The positive cases increase rate is bigger than the increase in testing, so the latter does not explain the increase in cases, deaths and hospitalizations.

Bottom line: there's no federal strategy here, every state is alone and fighting for themselves. Among this chaos, more people will die.

[image]

[image]

[image]
    I live in AZ, and the situation is getting worse...the action/inaction of certain politicians is criminal

7. Can't have a "2nd wave" if the first wave never ends.

8. Love that gif lol
  9. LOL...this is so naïve. This video speaks of a "large number", but doesn't actually give the number. Yeah, 1000 is a big number...if it is rooms in a house. But 1000 is a small number when it is about people disobeying lockdown protocols in a country with a 17 million population.
    OK, let the number be 10,000, which I don't think it was, but still 10K on a population of 17M... that's 0,17 % (now that is a LOT when it is alcohol in your blood, but that doesn't mean that an entire population is drunk... )

Anyway, Dutch economy is expected to go down 6% this year, and up 3% again next year. Unemployment? 3,4% in 2019, 5% in 2020 and (probably) 7% next year... Yeah, that could makes headlines like DUTCH UNEMPLOYMENT RATE DOUBLES ...and it is absolutely true. But it is also true that a lot of countries are far off worse...unfortunately.

Now hopefully the Dutch will p(l)ay their part in the recovery plan for the EU. That would be a good thing

The Corona crisis can only be overcome when people work together and nations stand shoulder to shoulder.

"We got to carry each other...carry each other..."

beat as