1. The world: we can't have concerts until 2021.
    The USA: Pfft, what pandemic? It only has killed like 150,000 here.

2. I think the rest of the world might be able to have concerts in 2021. The US, however... I have no confidence of any large crowds before 2022. What a clusterfuck. Unless things drastically turn around, which I just can't see happening. First of all, this virus has become a political football. It will be the main issue that determines the outcome of our election. I do not believe things will improve in our country until after the election. I don't think it's some big conspiracy theory or anything, and that's not a leftist or a rightist statement... I am not trying to start a political debate.

We have turned a global pandemic into a poltical game in our country, and it's disgusting. I wish I could move to Canada... seriously.
  3. Originally posted by podiumboy:I think the rest of the world might be able to have concerts in 2021. The US, however... I have no confidence of any large crowds before 2022. What a clusterfuck. Unless things drastically turn around, which I just can't see happening. First of all, this virus has become a political football. It will be the main issue that determines the outcome of our election. I do not believe things will improve in our country until after the election. I don't think it's some big conspiracy theory or anything, and that's not a leftist or a rightist statement... I am not trying to start a political debate.

We have turned a global pandemic into a poltical game in our country, and it's disgusting. I wish I could move to Canada... seriously.
    I'm here right now.
  4. What province appeals to you?
  5. Well since my career is in Agriculture, it would either have to be Southern Ontario, or the Wheat/Canola country of Alberta/Saskatchewan. Professionally, it's not feasible for me to move anywhere, let alone to another country.

I've just lately become very disenchanted with being a US citizen lately. I know no country is perfect, but it's really becoming ridiculous. I know part of it is how you react to things, but when you are CONSTANTLY BOMBARDED with bad news every single day, it starts to fuck with you a little. Often lately, when I go to bed on Sunday night, I find myself wondering "how much worse will things be after this week?" I live in Ohio, and things are really starting to ramp up in my state. I fear that we could be the next Florida or Texas by the end of the summer.
  6. Yup, the news cycle is really horrific in the US. Other countries such as the UK and Canada have state run media which curbs people's agenda and bias. I'm not saying which is better but allowing anyone in the US to have a voice in media can be grating.

Hotspots of agriculture in Ontario are Guelph and Leamington and of course Saskatchewan has deep agricultural roots. We get plenty of American media here so it you won't be able to avoid it.
  7. We just got lucky with Covid and we took some proactive measures that paid off. With your larger population it was only a matter of time that Americans would eclipse is in numbers.
  8. Originally posted by miryclay:We just got lucky with Covid and we took some proactive measures that paid off. With your larger population it was only a matter of time that Americans would eclipse is in numbers.
    That would be good way of phrasing it for Holland as well, we got lucky as well. We had timely measures but not too extreme. Biggest initial outbreak was in 1 province (out of 12) caused by 1(!) guy that attended carnival while sick after a trip to Italy. The measures (in hindsight) were just in time to prevent it from breaking out in the other provinces as well. Where I live (Amsterdam) there were 300 cases found over the course of the last 2 weeks on a population of close to 1 million, so it's very dormant here..
  9. Spain under lockdown. Melbourne under a curfew. Manchester and rest of Northern England in their own mini lockdown. Cases rising in South of England to the extent we all got text messages. This isn't going away any time soon.