1. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I think it was only non IEM’s the op was inquiring about because of the count and metronome, therefore soundboard, ALD, etc would all be ok as well as audience.
    Everything but IEM, but if IEM doesn't have that robo-metronome it's great

I listened to Cleveland; great sounding leg 1 gig with the standard set from that time (would have liked a Pop song but what can ya do).
  2. Vienna, 27-07 (Vienna, Vienna!) is a nice one, excellent sound, 11 O'clock and Out Of Control back to back.. another favourite is NY 25-10, there's a great audience recording and also a soundboard.. and probably a matrix.. I think all shows/recordings of that last week of October are worth a listen (NY, NJ and Providence).
    Atlanta and Portland from the first leg.. and some others that were already mentioned.
  3. Originally posted by Edi:I can give a shout out for 17th July - Paris, France - Palais Omnisports De Bercy.

Not sure if the recording I have is the same is on the wonderful U2START.com but a great show. Full of energy and joy, (Stereophonics warmed up)...his father is seriously ill, he is flying back to Dubs between gigs, the rest of the family are in Paris, he gets his daughters on stage during MW (much to their enbarassment), lots of love in the room, the crowd as usual in Paris are absolutely magnificent.

>>>>>> ELEVATION achieved.
    Definitively a classic

And the vintage Chris Voynet recording, better known as "Crazy Bercy" is up on the show page / audio tab now

https://u2start.com/shows/1238/#!audio

Good call!
  4. Listened to the 2011 5/15 Chicago. Terrific sounding show!

Best moment has to be when someone sitting near the recorder realizes they're gonna play 11 O'Clock Tick Tock and lets out a stunned "oh my God"
  5. Originally posted by Alvin:Not exactly Elevation tour but pre-Elevation - Irving Plaza (2000-12-05) is the best sounding with some truly amazing performances

Thanks, gonna check that out. I wish they did that kind of run of small, full shows in more album promo cycles.
  6. Originally posted by Edi:I can give a shout out for 17th July - Paris, France - Palais Omnisports De Bercy.

Not sure if the recording I have is the same is on the wonderful U2START.com but a great show. Full of energy and joy, (Stereophonics warmed up)...his father is seriously ill, he is flying back to Dubs between gigs, the rest of the family are in Paris, he gets his daughters on stage during MW (much to their enbarassment), lots of love in the room, the crowd as usual in Paris are absolutely magnificent.

>>>>>> ELEVATION achieved.

Great show indeed!

Bercy is a crazy arena. Don't ever want to go to Bercy after 2018, the GA is mad there :/
  7. Boston shows after DVD recording. 8 and especially 9 June.

Also last leg Providence 31 october .
  8. Originally posted by Alvin:Not exactly Elevation tour but pre-Elevation - Irving Plaza (2000-12-05) is the best sounding with some truly amazing performances

One their their best ever shows period
  9. Couldn’t agree more.
    A club gig after the Zoo/POP craziness with a bunch of classics like 11 O’Clock Tick Tock? Unreal.
  10. Drew's Dub of the 03-30 Atlanta show is a SBD+IEM+AUD matrix. Its fantastic imo.
  11. Originally posted by Release3:The May 16, 2001 show with the Zoo TV beginning of 5 straight Achtung Baby songs in similar order to the set from Zoo TV. All the recordings are crystal clear.

I just gave this a listen too just to compare the differences from zoo tv to elevation era. And honestly you wouldn't even notice the difference sometimes in the way they played it in similar version (except for the fly).They probably got bored on the 4th night in Chicago and thought, lets bring in the Achtung Ya'll!