1. Originally posted by CrashCaderz:[..]

I just gave this a listen too just to compare the differences from zoo tv to elevation era. And honestly you wouldn't even notice the difference sometimes in the way they played it in similar version (except for the fly).They probably got bored on the 4th night in Chicago and thought, lets bring in the Achtung Ya'll!
    One reason I doubt they'll do an Achtung Baby anniversary tour is that every so often the spirit moves them and they whip out mini-Zoo TV sets like this. See also: the Vertigo Tour encores, Glastonbury, the end of 360 in 2011, and e+i in Europe. Comparatively, JT songs have always been set pieces unto themselves so they didn't deliberately re-invoke that tour after the 80s until 2017.
  2. Originally posted by superchuk5:[..]
    One reason I doubt they'll do an Achtung Baby anniversary tour is that every so often the spirit moves them and they whip out mini-Zoo TV sets like this. See also: the Vertigo Tour encores, Glastonbury, the end of 360 in 2011, and e+i in Europe. Comparatively, JT songs have always been set pieces unto themselves so they didn't deliberately re-invoke that tour after the 80s until 2017.
    As much as I’m on board with an AB30 tour, I think you’re right. They’ve been celebrating that album for many years now (and so they should!).
  3. They shouldn't do it leave it as part of history it will be just seen as another cash in "Glorify the past when the future dries up "who knows if U2 will ever tour again I get the feeling they may just call it quits especially the way things are now and the future of live shows looking very uncertain.
  4. Originally posted by popmarter:They shouldn't do it leave it as part of history it will be just seen as another cash in "Glorify the past when the future dries up "who knows if U2 will ever tour again I get the feeling they may just call it quits especially the way things are now and the future of live shows looking very uncertain.
    I would love them to do it but mainly cos I wasn't born till 2000 so I never got to see the '90s tours
  5. They shouldn't do Zoo TV again because we don't want to see 60+ Bono wearing PVC.
  6. I’m not hoping they rehash ZooTV. I'd just love to see them perform all the AB songs in one show. They don’t even have to be in order or altogether like the songs were for JT30. I don’t see a problem with that.
  7. Or like Springsteen which album should we play tonight, AB or POP?
  8. That approach is fun - you don’t need an anniversary tour to play an album start to finish. I still kick myself for not seeing Arcade Fire at the Greek in 2018. I just saw them on tour and thought it was going to be a normal gig, and instead they played Funeral front-to-back.
  9. Would be interesting, ok guys which album should we play TUF or War?
  10. Night 1: They play AB. Night 2: They play HTDAAB. (Everyone runs to get a refund)