2001-09-01 - Slane
Tour: Elevation Tour
Songs played: 21
Audio recordings: 2
  1. I'm wondering if the fan club has the permissions to show something they haven't released before. Although Chicago was partially on U2.Communication so clearances might be there when it comes to snippets and broadcasting and the like. Milan '05 and Mexico '97 were also part of past fan club offerings but Mexico would have predated U2.com.

2. Isn't this apart of the u2.com #U2getherAtHome thing and I think they've watched Chicago already.
  3. No that is a fan organized thing. The videos shown aren't being streamed through U2.com. U2.com has only shown the Berlin video and Zoo TV at this time.
  4. Yes, but u2.com only showed ZOO TV and slane because of U2getherAtHome. Didn't they win the vote polls for that week and then u2.com happened to stream those films on the same week. So they are unofficially linked.
  5. Originally posted by SJKamal:Yes, but u2.com only showed ZOO TV and slane because of U2getherAtHome. Didn't they win the vote polls for that week and then u2.com happened to stream those films on the same week. So they are unofficially linked.
    Yes, and the moderators have been supporting the fan organized stuff and participating in the watch at home activities.

But if U2.Com wanted to show Chicago next week, I don't think they'd let the fact it had been chosen before impact that...as the site itself hasn't advertised Chicago previously, and they haven't streamed it previously. I'd love to see Chicago. Especially if they broke out the HD footage. To my knowledge only half of it was shown in HD on television ahead of the DVD release...
  6. Originally posted by guykirk9:It’s like waking up Christmas morning to find your own socks that you’ve had for 19 years wrapped under the tree for you

Well,technically,only 16 1/2 years old socks cos it was released in November 2003 on DVD Think I’ll try that,I’ve got socks older than you.I’m pretty sure at this stage they could wrap themselves...
  7. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    why the analogy with Christmas morning? why not compare it with just a random day and somebody washed your 19 year old socks and you're still complaining .. that would be more accurate.. you guys are so incredibly spoilt. You already got Berlin in 4K didn't you??
    Nah I want more other bands do way more. U2 is so far behind the trend.
  8. Also you have to pay to be a subscriber for this?? What a money grab and I know it’s not the nada fault I’m not mad at them but this is absurd that they are CHARGING MONEY in times like this for something that’s been published on YouTube for free for 10 years. Refute that one.
  9. Originally posted by guykirk9:[..]
    Also you have to pay to be a subscriber for this?? What a money grab and I know it’s not the nada fault I’m not mad at them but this is absurd that they are CHARGING MONEY in times like this for something that’s been published on YouTube for free for 10 years. Refute that one.
    Right well it shouldn't be on YouTube, you can say why are they doing it when we've all got the DVD, but not why are they showing it when it's free on YouTube - there's a line
  10. Originally posted by WideAwakeBadBoy:[..]
    Right well it shouldn't be on YouTube, you can say why are they doing it when we've all got the DVD, but not why are they showing it when it's free on YouTube - there's a line
    If you think this is sufficient for a band in 2020 then I don’t know what to tell you. I’m happy they are doing something but to have to be a subscriber to watch the show is ridiculous, and if you want to do that then show a concert that isn’t littered across the internet.
  11. Look at Metallica's YouTube channel... now that would be amazing if U2 did something similar!