2001-09-01 - Slane
Tour: Elevation Tour
Songs played: 21
Audio recordings: 2
  1. Originally posted by Cask:While it's cool U2 is trying to do soemthing, this is lame compared to other. Metallica for example, is showing a new show every monday, with a new audio mix and live album quality sound for the most part. Most of the shows except a couple had not previously been shown, with one even dating as far back as 1991. So far they have shown 7 shows.

In addition to that, since 2004 they have put soundboard recordings of pretty much every gig, and since 2017 they have been live album quality. In addition to that, since 2019 they have video of the shows streaming in the nugs app.

meanwhile, U2 has streaming for PAID subscribers only.........of previously released shows.......
    Completely agree U2 have hundreds of high quality filmed gigs in their vaults going back to Zoo TV ,to be throwing out stuff that all fans have seen or own is kinda pathetic ,the only explanation is that they are renowned to be control freaks and it's practically impossible to get things signed off by the 4 of them .
  2. I've become quite the archivist during this pandemic. I wonder where/who are 'the archives'
  3. I know it’s on YouTube, but I’d love to see the concert from Dublin, 1993

4. Was anyone there? Were you close to the front or relaxing at the back?
  5. Holy shit you forget how many people were actually there.... on the DVD it looks quite small and intimate, especially when you get a perspective of the heart looking massive, but in the photo you see it only goes a tiny fraction of the way into the crowd...
  6. Yep I was there...relaxing near the back. Easy access to the bars & toilets. Mind you we parked in a field nearby and it took us about 2 hours just to get out of it after
  7. Just outside the mosh pit the band were on fire and the crowd were insane.
  8. I was there for the first show on the 25th, inside the heart right at the back. My friends and I lined up overnight at a side entrance just off the top right of that photo and it was a sprint down the hill to make the cut to get into the heart. Amazing atmosphere for the entire day. Coldplay and RHCP were great. The show itself was pretty emotional given that Bono’s father had passed away less than a week beforehand. After the show they let off fireworks and played The Unforgettable Fire over the PA as we all walked out. Very cool. Just a shame that there isn’t a better recording of the show available...
  9. Unfortanetly i wasn't there. But the Arnhem shows were also amazing. Too bad my then wife wouldn't let me go to the third Arnhem show 😭...
  10. Arrived about 4:30am on the day of the concert. Made it into the inner heart but very quickly saw how high the stage was & wasn't happy with the view being that close having to look up so high, so moved to the outer heart with much better view of main stage (albeit a bit further back) & good view of the heart walkway - but it was far more squashed in the outer heart area. Incredible day.
  11. Originally posted by myfly:I was there for the first show on the 25th, inside the heart right at the back. My friends and I lined up overnight at a side entrance just off the top right of that photo and it was a sprint down the hill to make the cut to get into the heart. Amazing atmosphere for the entire day. Coldplay and RHCP were great. The show itself was pretty emotional given that Bono’s father had passed away less than a week beforehand. After the show they let off fireworks and played The Unforgettable Fire over the PA as we all walked out. Very cool. Just a shame that there isn’t a better recording of the show available...
    Yep - what a hot day it was. The Chillis with all the fans waving those T-Shirts around was a sight I'll not forget in a hurry. Great craic.

Skip to 1hr 15min 19 secs

12. Also memorable on the 25th Aug was the bit during the Chilli's set where Anthony Kiedis jumped from the main stage to the heart runway & did a lap on it (fans went mental). The heart walkway was disconnected from the main stage for all the support acts & only connected before U2 were to come onstage, so they ,mustn't have wanted anyone else using it before U2, but Anthony wasn't having any of that :-)