2001-09-01 - Slane
Tour: Elevation Tour
Songs played: 21
Audio recordings: 2
  1. U2 fans are never happy.
  2. Originally posted by guykirk9:[..]
    If you think this is sufficient for a band in 2020 then I don’t know what to tell you. I’m happy they are doing something but to have to be a subscriber to watch the show is ridiculous, and if you want to do that then show a concert that isn’t littered across the internet.

I'm just coming at it from the other angle, I'd much rather get a new show too, but I don't think "it's free on the YouTube" is good enough add a complaint for this - they have a right to make you pay for their official concert releases, but I do think that "we've had this on DVD to buy for almost 20 years and everyone's seen it 100 times" is a good enough complaint, show us some new stuff as a reward for subscribing!! (which, tbf we've already got as a release - if hadn't decided to show Sydney and Slane after releasing Berlin, nobody would've said anything)

3. Every Monday The National share a different concert on YouTube. That's what I'd like to see.
  4. In my mind, the gold standard is Red Hot Chili Peppers selling soundboard recordings of every concert they play.
  5. Pearl Jam are fairly prolific at it too
  6. Originally posted by guykirk9:It’s like waking up Christmas morning to find your own socks that you’ve had for 19 years wrapped under the tree for you

😂

7. I was going to post this exact thing. Maybe Boston 2001 ?

Radiohead have done a great job with the shows they have been putting up for the last 5 weeks. Coachella 2012 is my fav so far.
  8. Broadcasting a U2 concert of which almost every U2 fan has the DVD, in my opinion shows little respect for the U2 fan. Easy going. This will be a decision of U2.com or Live nation. But,
    I also don't feel that the band U2 is willing to put in any effort to do something special for their fans. This can also be seen in the set lists of the concerts and the lack of mastery of more than half of their own songs. Disappointing after more than 30 years of being a fan.
  9. It’s frustrating for sure. Knowing they have every show archived is what makes it a bummer. I don’t think we’re asking for 4K ultra HD versions of the archive. Show a Lovetown pro shot or Zoo TV Dublin. Idk it doesn’t seem like we’re asking for too much. As others said, a lot of artists are releasing them for free on YouTube
  10. While it's cool U2 is trying to do soemthing, this is lame compared to other. Metallica for example, is showing a new show every monday, with a new audio mix and live album quality sound for the most part. Most of the shows except a couple had not previously been shown, with one even dating as far back as 1991. So far they have shown 7 shows.

In addition to that, since 2004 they have put soundboard recordings of pretty much every gig, and since 2017 they have been live album quality. In addition to that, since 2019 they have video of the shows streaming in the nugs app.

meanwhile, U2 has streaming for PAID subscribers only.........of previously released shows.......
  11. I guess I could understand not releasing several recordings from a particular tour with fairly unchanging setlists, but FFS give the fans a bone.. maybe a few shows from each tour? Something. Replaying stuff that's 20 years old and freely available on YouTube, for subscribers, is kind of insulting