1. Originally posted by superchuk5:[..]

Ah, OK. I was not aware of the webcast, so South Bend makes sense. No offense to anyone from South Bend, but it struck me as a random gig. If not that, I suspect they'd use a Leg 3 NY show since the album's become so associated with that post-9/11 Fall 2001 through Super Bowl 2002 period.
    When the 3rd leg was announced, I remember looking at the list to see if any of the dates would be doable for me (I was only 19 at the time). I remember seeing South Bend, Indiana on there, and that was the closest gig to me. I thought WTF??? I looked it up on a map, and it made even less sense to me. Then I realized it was the home of Notre Dame, Fighting Irish, etc... and it made a little more sense.
  2. Personally I didn’t fall deeply in love with ATYCLB and i just save a few songs....but,as a compulsive motherf***in’ buyer and hardfan f***in’ collector,i will buy everything that there will be about That album.it’s just my main defect.so there might be a box set or other stuff,I’ll be first in line
  3. Originally posted by podiumboy:[..]
    When the 3rd leg was announced, I remember looking at the list to see if any of the dates would be doable for me (I was only 19 at the time). I remember seeing South Bend, Indiana on there, and that was the closest gig to me. I thought WTF??? I looked it up on a map, and it made even less sense to me. Then I realized it was the home of Notre Dame, Fighting Irish, etc... and it made a little more sense.
    That sounds like a real pleasant surprise for you! Did you go? I guess it’s ultimately no less random than the 360 gig in Charlottesville, VA.
  4. Originally posted by superchuk5:[..]
    That sounds like a real pleasant surprise for you! Did you go? I guess it’s ultimately no less random than the 360 gig in Charlottesville, VA.
    Yeah I did! My friend and I made the 5 hour drive, walked around the campus for a little while, saw the concert, and then drove 5 hours back to Ohio immediately after because we both had to be at work the next morning. The kind of adventure that only young people can have. Now I'd definitely be getting a hotel room.

Charlottesville... yeah, that's another random spot! They were able to pull in over 50,000 to that show, even with DC and Raleigh being right before/after it, and so geographically close.
  5. Originally posted by podiumboy:[..]
    Does anyone have the date on which the third leg was announced?

It had to have been prior to 9/11
  6. One day before.
  7. Where's the proof?
  8. Cool reading that,takes me right back.
    Anyone else glad it finished as it did in 2001 or would it have been better had it extended into 2002?
  9. Originally posted by kezman:Cool reading that,takes me right back.
    Anyone else glad it finished as it did in 2001 or would it have been better had it extended into 2002?
    I guess it’s a shame they didn’t bring the tour to places like Australia, NZ, and many countries in Asia.
  10. I remember that they were apparently really close to returning to Europe in 2002 and an announcement was being made around Feb 02... McGuinness made the ‘we have underplayed Europe for years’ comment so really thought it was going to happen but obviously nothing did.