1. yep there was a talk of EU stadium tour, possibly using Halftime show larger type of heart... there were even leak dates (like usual before tour announcment) and then it got canceled and never announced.
  2. Originally posted by zbych:yep there was a talk of EU stadium tour, possibly using Halftime show larger type of heart... there were even leak dates (like usual before tour announcment) and then it got canceled and never announced.
    Out of curiosity, what were the leaked dates?
  3. The "underplayed Europe" comment at least didn't go for Holland as we had 3 stadium shows on Elevation with a combined attendance of around 108.000. (Stadium is a bit smaller than Amsterdam Arena).
  4. Listened to this album today, it feels weird to me that the time between I Will Follow and Beautiful day is now the same as the time between BD and today
  5. This is on Interference.

I couldn't see them play in Sarajevo again. Or play V Festival lol. I question the actual truth of these... paging @U2wanderer1 he may be more insightful

Amsterdam, The Netherlands - July 19-20, 2002 (Ajax Arena)
    Gothenburg, Sweden - July 23, 2002 (Ullevi Stadium)
    Brussels, Belgium - August 1, 2002 (King Baudoin Stadium)
    Zagreb, Croatia - August 9, 2002 (Hipodrome) OR August 15 (Dinamo Stadium)
    Vienna, Austria - August 12, 2002 (Ernst Happel Stadion)
    Sarajevo, Bosnia - August 18, 2002
    Nice, France - August 20, 2002
    Marseilles, France August 22, 2002 (Stade Velodrome de Marseille)
    San Sebastian, Spain - August 24, 2002 (Anoeta Stadium)
    Saint-Denis, France - August 29, 2002 (Stade de France)

Oslo, Norway - Valle Hovin Stadium (Summer 2002)
    Switzerland - Expo 02 site (summer 2002)
    Gelsenkirchen, Germany - July/August, 2002 (Schalke Arena)
    Stuttgart, Germany - July/August, 2002 (Canstadter Wasen)
    Hannover, Germany - July/August, 2002 (Niedersachsenstadion)
    Munich / Mannheim, Germany - July/August, 2002
    Prague, Czech Republic - Summer, 2002
    V2002 Festival, England - August 16-18, 2002
    London - Summer, 2002 (Hyde Park)
    Portugal - August 24, 2002 (Alvalade Stadium)
    Madrid, Spain - Summer, 2002 (Bernabeu Stadium)
    Barcelona, Spain - July/August, 2002
    Italy - Summer, 2002
    Mexico City - October 2002
    South America - October 2002

And the statement on U2.com denying it: https://www.u2.com/news/title/u2_recording_possible_release_2002_353/
  6. Wow interesting to see those,Elevation Tour is probably my fav tour but im glad it ended when it did,not sure if it wouldve worked properly with a stadium tour (yeah i know Slane was outdoor but that was a special occasion),i always thought part of the concept was the "intimacy" following on from the mega Popmart era.
  7. Originally posted by kezman:Wow interesting to see those,Elevation Tour is probably my fav tour but im glad it ended when it did,not sure if it wouldve worked properly with a stadium tour (yeah i know Slane was outdoor but that was a special occasion),i always thought part of the concept was the "intimacy" following on from the mega Popmart era.
    I was checking this back, but the dutch shows were essentially stadium shows as they were played in Gelredome, which at 36K is smaller than Amsterdam Arena at 50K. I can't remember if they used the arena stage setup though or some hybrid stage..
  8. And Germany Waldbuhne was also outdoors
  9. It worked better outdoors because the emphasis was on the bands playing and not the props as the stage was very minimalistic,they need to go back to that way of performing as the big screen can be a bit over powering and suck the atmosphere out of a concert .
  10. I think stadiums with a basic set up is only good if you’re near the front of GA. The sound in stadiums is inferior to arena’s and you’re further away usually if you’re in a seat than you would be in an arena. So if they aren’t going to bring some new design to stadium shows I’d prefer they stuck to arena’s.